PDA

View Full Version : Sales statistics

Oliver Arend
August 26th 09, 01:45 PM
I'm looking for sales numbers of LSAs and regular piston-powered
aircraft for recent years in the US and, if possible, other countries
like the EU or its members. Including "sales" in the Google query only
turned up a lot of ads for aircraft for sale or sale agents.

Does anyone have a lead for me?

TIA,
Oliver

Steve Hix
August 26th 09, 05:48 PM
In article
Oliver Arend > wrote:

> I'm looking for sales numbers of LSAs and regular piston-powered
> aircraft for recent years in the US and, if possible, other countries
> like the EU or its members. Including "sales" in the Google query only
> turned up a lot of ads for aircraft for sale or sale agents.
>
> Does anyone have a lead for me?
>
> TIA,
> Oliver

LAMA, Light Aircraft Manufacturer's Association might be a good place to
start. <http://www.lama.bz/>

Ron Wanttaja[_2_]
August 29th 09, 05:49 PM
Oliver Arend wrote:
> I'm looking for sales numbers of LSAs and regular piston-powered
> aircraft for recent years in the US and, if possible, other countries
> like the EU or its members. Including "sales" in the Google query only
> turned up a lot of ads for aircraft for sale or sale agents.
>
> Does anyone have a lead for me?

I have the FAA registration databases for ~January 1st for the past few
years.

Here are the number of new Special Light Sport Aircraft registrations
added during each year:

2006: 267
2007: 482
2008: 518