PDA

View Full Version : Re: Loosing my newsgroup feed

BobR
September 2nd 09, 04:23 AM
On Sep 1, 10:08*pm, wrote:
> On Sep 1, 8:52*pm, "Morgans" > wrote:
>

> > You think it is simple? *Wow, we would have to agree to disagree on that
> > point. *I do not like the format that Google forces you to take to read the
> > posts.
> > --
> > Jim in NC
>
> If you use the default "topic summery" it is a PITA. *Switch to "topic
> list" and see if you like it better?
> =======================
> Leon McAtee

Also setup the threads to view as a tree and it will highlight what is
new.

It may not be the easiest but if you just subscribe to a few groups it
is easy enough.

Rik Brown[_6_]
September 2nd 09, 05:10 AM
> I got an eMail from Verizon this morning saying that they are dropping
> their news server.
>
> I'm not going to pay for a subscription to a newsgroup service for 2
> groups so my question to the group is: what eMail list would you
> recommend to replace this group?If Google doesn't work for you, you can also access it free at
TRAVEL.COM using a web based interface that also blocks most spam, etc.
-- Rik

--
Rik Brown

Share your experiences in the forums, blogs, videos, and online
community at 'TRAVEL.com' (http://forums.TRAVEL.com).
Message origin: www.TRAVEL.com

Morgans[_7_]
September 2nd 09, 07:23 PM
"BobR" > wrote

> Also setup the threads to view as a tree and it will highlight what is
> new.
>
> It may not be the easiest but if you just subscribe to a few groups it
> is easy enough.

Thanks, I try that, too.

This thread is morphing into " how to make Google groups suck, less." :-)
--
Jim in NC

Peter Dohm
September 3rd 09, 11:54 PM
"Morgans" > wrote in message

> "BobR" > wrote
>> Also setup the threads to view as a tree and it will highlight what is
>> new.
>>
>> It may not be the easiest but if you just subscribe to a few groups it
>> is easy enough.
>
> Thanks, I try that, too.
> This thread is morphing into " how to make Google groups suck, less." :-)
> --
> Jim in NC

I decided to give that a try as well, and will stay with
Eternal-September.org!

Peter

Google