PDA

View Full Version : soaring dictionary

Brad[_2_]
September 6th 09, 05:59 PM
After reading the recent soaring magazines article on soaring terms, I
thought I would write a short re-cap of an expedition our club had a
few weeks ago in the Methow Valley of Washington State.

Below is a cross post to this group from our clubs group.

Brad
.................................................. ...........
A bunch of bubbas descended on Twisp Airport last week to enjoy
several days of double-plus mountain flying. One could say the
conditions were cooking the whole time. Due to the stick ninja skills
possessed by all, nobody got zorched bad enough to actually become a
camper, but there were several re-lights due to the ever-changing
conditions and fickle house thermal(s).
Our obi wan and his bubbette climbed into 14-J and proceeded to spec
out over Buck Mountain on one of the days. Dan and I didn't know it
was the sled at first; we were boresighted on that little dot and
were
fangs out in his direction. Pretty impressive it was once we realized
it was the Blanik and figured it was the O.B. flying it.
On Saturday a handful of us hot sticks got totally orked and got way
in the granite. Bubba John got the big action of the day by going
deep
into the bad lands, look at his trace to see just how much hostile
ground he covered.
Bubbas Dan, Brian, John and I furballed it a couple of times up on
Milton Mountain; everyone was totally into the stoke and there was no
gumby action. After a bit I left the good air and headed towards
another peak with the idea I would do a bit of flathatting on
Abernathy Peak and Midnight Mountain.
The air was glassy and my hair was on fire down the length of the
ridge. It was totally awesome.
Safe to say that everyone successful and safely flugelated each day.
Quite a club we have here............imagine flying hard all day at
cloudbase, then closing up shop to hang out on the porch, tell lies
and drink barley pops until the sun set.
The bubbaship was in full swing, any bucket-hats missing this trip
truly missed out on some double plus action.

Google