PDA

View Full Version : remote controllable transponder

Stu Fields
September 9th 09, 07:51 PM
Anyone know of a transponder that can have the codes switched from a remote
set of switches and a remote Ident button? I guess I'm asking if there are
access points in a connector where this could be done, or has some whiz
already done this? My helicopter likes it when I keep my hands on the
controls. Landing to change the transponder code is not something that is a
reasonable alternative.

Stu Fields

John Clear
September 9th 09, 08:08 PM
In article >,
Stu Fields > wrote:
>Anyone know of a transponder that can have the codes switched from a remote
>set of switches and a remote Ident button? I guess I'm asking if there are
>access points in a connector where this could be done, or has some whiz
>already done this? My helicopter likes it when I keep my hands on the
>controls. Landing to change the transponder code is not something that is a
>reasonable alternative.

Dunno about changing the code remotely. Some of the new push button
transponders might have support for that. Remote ident is available,
one of the rental planes I learned on back in the dark ages had
remote ident on the yoke, and remote flip-flop. Some avionics tech
must have had some extra switches and wire laying around, since
both were a bit ridiculous in a Piper Cherokee. Avionics were
King, IIRC.

John
--
John Clear - http://www.clear-prop.org/

JohnO
September 9th 09, 11:45 PM
On Sep 10, 7:08*am, (John Clear) wrote:
> In article >,
>
> Stu Fields > wrote:
> >Anyone know of a transponder that can have the codes switched from a remote
> >set of switches and a remote Ident button? *I guess I'm asking if there are
> >access points in a connector where this could be done, or has some whiz
> >already done this? *My helicopter likes it when I keep my hands on the
> >controls. *Landing to change the transponder code is not something that is a
> >reasonable alternative.
>
> Dunno about changing the code remotely. *Some of the new push button
> transponders might have support for that. *Remote ident is available,
> one of the rental planes I learned on back in the dark ages had
> remote ident on the yoke, and remote flip-flop. *Some avionics tech
> must have had some extra switches and wire laying around, since
> both were a bit ridiculous in a Piper Cherokee. *Avionics were
> King, IIRC.
>
> John
> --
> John Clear - * * * * * * * * * * * *http://www.clear-prop.org/

Microair have an external ident facility, but not code select.

JohnO
September 9th 09, 11:51 PM
On Sep 10, 10:45*am, JohnO > wrote:
> On Sep 10, 7:08*am, (John Clear) wrote:
>

> > In article >,
>
> > Stu Fields > wrote:
> > >Anyone know of a transponder that can have the codes switched from a remote
> > >set of switches and a remote Ident button? *I guess I'm asking if there are
> > >access points in a connector where this could be done, or has some whiz
> > >already done this? *My helicopter likes it when I keep my hands on the
> > >controls. *Landing to change the transponder code is not something that is a
> > >reasonable alternative.
>
> > Dunno about changing the code remotely. *Some of the new push button
> > transponders might have support for that. *Remote ident is available,
> > one of the rental planes I learned on back in the dark ages had
> > remote ident on the yoke, and remote flip-flop. *Some avionics tech
> > must have had some extra switches and wire laying around, since
> > both were a bit ridiculous in a Piper Cherokee. *Avionics were
> > King, IIRC.
>
> > John
> > --
> > John Clear - * * * * * * * * * * * *http://www.clear-prop.org/
>
> Microair have an external ident facility, but not code select.

Same goes for the Becker.

Google