PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an Avro Anson Radar Training plane picture.

Waldo.Pepper[_2_]
September 10th 09, 11:43 AM
Like the supject line says I am looking for a picture of an Anson
fitted with Ai Mark IV aerials I have a line drawing/profile of one
in service with No. 62 OTU, but if someone can shoot me a actual
picture of one or steer me toward a book that features one that would
be wonderful.

Thanks.

Waldo.

TacAN
September 10th 09, 12:06 PM
Waldo.Pepper wrote:
> Like the supject line says I am looking for a picture of an Anson
> fitted with Ai Mark IV aerials I have a line drawing/profile of one
> in service with No. 62 OTU, but if someone can shoot me a actual
> picture of one or steer me toward a book that features one that would
> be wonderful.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Waldo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No._67_Squadron_RAAF

Maybe?

Graham

TacAN
September 10th 09, 12:16 PM
TacAN wrote:
> Waldo.Pepper wrote:

http://www.mysteriesofcanada.com/images/joe21.jpg

The Book "RADAR Days" seems to have a mention about Avro Ansons.
It may also cover the Hawker Hurricane.

http://www.amazon.com/Radar-Days-Computers-Their-Applications/dp/0852745907

Graham

Waldo.Pepper[_2_]
September 10th 09, 10:17 PM

>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No._67_Squadron_RAAF
>

>Maybe?
>

>Graham

That is really close but it is an ASV Mark 2 set

Still thanks for trying.

Waldo.

Waldo.Pepper[_2_]
September 10th 09, 10:22 PM
I have the book Radar days and it is not therein. The Mysteries of
Canada page is related to TV. An Anson conducted an "attack" on
Parliament hill and a bridge in Ottawa for an excercise.

Details here.

http://www.mysteriesofcanada.com/Military/buzz.htm

I would be surprised if the picture I am looking for is on the
intenet. It is more likely to be in an ancient issue of Aeroplane or
Flypast or in a shoebox under someone's bed or something.

Still, thanks for trying, again.

Waldo.

Google