September 12th 09, 01:34 PM

Orval Fairbairn[_2_]
September 12th 09, 08:28 PM
In article >,
Troy > wrote:

> begin 644 F-86_01.jpg
> [Image]
>
> end
This must be either a prototype or a very early model, as it is a
"P-86," rather than an "F-86," since it carries a "PU" series buzz
number, rather than "FU".

Orval Fairbairn[_2_]
September 12th 09, 08:28 PM
In article >,
Troy > wrote:

> begin 644 F-86_01.jpg
> [Image]
>
> end
This must be either a prototype or a very early model, as it is a
"P-86," rather than an "F-86," since it carries a "PU" series buzz
number, rather than "FU".

John Szalay
September 12th 09, 08:43 PM
Troy > wrote in news:s85na599idt4mhktob199gskvkgrg7ikm1@
4ax.com:

> begin 644 F-86_01.jpg
>
> Attachment decoded: F-86_01.jpg
> `
> end

North American P-86A-1-NA Sabre 47-605
Redesignated F-86A in 1948.
First Production airframe, used for inservice testing..
and this aircraft is reported to be on display outside
USAF History and Traditions Museum, Lackland AFB, TX.

John Szalay
September 12th 09, 08:43 PM
Troy > wrote in news:s85na599idt4mhktob199gskvkgrg7ikm1@
4ax.com:

> begin 644 F-86_01.jpg
>
> Attachment decoded: F-86_01.jpg
> `
> end

North American P-86A-1-NA Sabre 47-605
Redesignated F-86A in 1948.
First Production airframe, used for inservice testing..
and this aircraft is reported to be on display outside
USAF History and Traditions Museum, Lackland AFB, TX.

Google