September 13th 09, 07:30 PM
Enjoy ;)

Bye

Oviedo
September 13th 09, 08:27 PM
I bet I can get that one airborne!

Mitchell Holman[_3_]
September 13th 09, 09:39 PM
D. St-Sanvain > wrote in news:4aad3a63$0
:

> Enjoy ;)
>
> Bye
>
> Attachment decoded: untitled-2.txt
> ------=mesnews_0_0913092030
>

> Attachment decoded: spitfire_bottle-of-britain.jpg
> ------=mesnews_0_0913092030--

Don't forget what REALLY won the BoB..........

Waldo.Pepper[_2_]
September 13th 09, 11:13 PM
I don't think this one is as tasty.

Waldo.

Waldo.Pepper[_2_]
September 13th 09, 11:13 PM

D. St-Sanvain
September 14th 09, 06:16 AM
Hello,

Peter Twydell a écrit :
> An excellent beer, BTW, even if it is brewed on the wrong side of the Thames.
Perhaps off topic, could you explain that point ?

I was only aware of the good/wrong side of the Manche, or, if you
prefer, wrong/good side of the Channel :)))

Bye,

D. St-Sanvain
September 14th 09, 06:17 AM
D. St-Sanvain a écrit dans
> :
> Hello,

Peter Twydell
September 14th 09, 09:34 AM
In message >, D. St-Sanvain
> writes
>Hello,
>
>Peter Twydell a écrit :
>> An excellent beer, BTW, even if it is brewed on the wrong side of the Thames.
>Perhaps off topic, could you explain that point ?

Just local friendly rivalries. I was born and raised in Essex, the
ancient Saxon kingdom on the north side of the river, and Spitfire is
brewed in Kent, on the other side.

>I was only aware of the good/wrong side of the Manche, or, if you
>prefer, wrong/good side of the Channel :)))

Ah, you mean the _English_ Channel. :-)

--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!

hielan' laddie
September 14th 09, 12:27 PM
On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 01:17:43 -0400, D. St-Sanvain wrote
(in article >):

> D. St-Sanvain a écrit dans
> > :
>> Hello,

I'm pretty sure that at least one of them (the fourth one from the right) is
a Seafire. At least that looks like an RN Far East paint scheme.

Peter Twydell
September 14th 09, 03:54 PM
In message >, hielan' laddie
> writes
>On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 01:17:43 -0400, D. St-Sanvain wrote
>(in article >):
>
>> D. St-Sanvain a écrit dans
>> > :
>>> Hello,
>>

>I'm pretty sure that at least one of them (the fourth one from the right) is
>a Seafire. At least that looks like an RN Far East paint scheme.

The one on the left? No, that's a Tr.IX in Irish Air Corps colours. If
you zoom in you can see there are two canopies, and the bands under the
wings are the orange-white-green (from the tips inwards) of the Irish
tricolour.
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!

D. St-Sanvain
September 14th 09, 07:32 PM
hielan' laddie a écrit :
> On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 01:17:43 -0400, D. St-Sanvain wrote
> (in article >):

>> D. St-Sanvain a écrit dans
>> > :
>>> Hello,
>>

> I'm pretty sure that at least one of them (the fourth one from the right) is
> a Seafire. At least that looks like an RN Far East paint scheme.

OK, I must admit... I cheated...

Peter Twydell
September 14th 09, 07:41 PM
In message >, Peter Twydell
> writes
>In message >, hielan' laddie
> writes
>>On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 01:17:43 -0400, D. St-Sanvain wrote
>>(in article >):

>>I'm pretty sure that at least one of them (the fourth one from the right) is
>>a Seafire. At least that looks like an RN Far East paint scheme.
>>

>The one on the left? No, that's a Tr.IX in Irish Air Corps colours. If
>you zoom in you can see there are two canopies, and the bands under the
>wings are the orange-white-green (from the tips inwards) of the Irish
>tricolour.

Oops! Didn't see the second photo before I posted the above. Sorry.
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!

D. St-Sanvain
September 14th 09, 09:36 PM
'lo,

Peter Twydell a écrit :
> In message >, hielan' laddie
> > writes
>>On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 01:17:43 -0400, D. St-Sanvain wrote
>>(in article >):

>>I'm pretty sure that at least one of them (the fourth one from the right) is
>>a Seafire. At least that looks like an RN Far East paint scheme.
>>

> The one on the left? No, that's a Tr.IX in Irish Air Corps colours. If you
> zoom in you can see there are two canopies, and the bands under the wings are
> the orange-white-green (from the tips inwards) of the Irish tricolour.

No jealous, one for each :)

Google