PDA

View Full Version : Hangar queen - hq01.jpg (1/1) [81K]

Netko
September 16th 09, 01:57 PM
A young lady disporting herself on a Super Mirage F1 AZ.

I believe this particular aircraft, which was one of those fitted with a
Klimov engine and Adder AAMs, is now in the SAAF Museum which presumably is
where these photographs were taken.

I wish people would take off their heads before moving in front of a
photographer.

Herman
September 17th 09, 08:45 PM
"Netko" > schreef in bericht
x.com...
>A young lady disporting herself on a Super Mirage F1 AZ.
>
> I believe this particular aircraft, which was one of those fitted with a
> Klimov engine and Adder AAMs, is now in the SAAF Museum which presumably
> is
> where these photographs were taken.
>
> I wish people would take off their heads before moving in front of a
> photographer.

Klimov engine?
I thought Klimov was a Soviet engine manufacturer. Would be remarkable
though to see a Soviet (or Russian) engine in a South African aircraft.

Regards,

Herman

Netko
September 18th 09, 12:07 AM
On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 20:45:43 +0100, Herman wrote
(in article e.nl>):

> Klimov engine?
> I thought Klimov was a Soviet engine manufacturer. Would be remarkable
> though to see a Soviet (or Russian) engine in a South African aircraft.

Yes, that's the one.

The English language version of Klimov's site says that the SMR-95 engine (a
modification of the RD-33) "passed bench tests and flight tests on the Super
Mirage F-1 and Super Cheetah D-2 aircraft of the South African Air Force. The
flight performance and combat efficiency of these fighter equipped with the
new engine improved by a factor ranging from 1.2 to 3.0".

http://en.klimov.ru/production/aircraft/SMR-95/

More details here (though this page says the AAM is an Archer rather than an
Adder):

http://newsite.ipmssa.za.org/content/view/149/28/1/11/

Google