PDA

View Full Version : Re: VOR Alpha approach down to minimums with ATC COMS - Video

Ross
September 28th 09, 08:07 PM
wrote:
> This next video is my trip home executing the VOR Alpha approach down
> to minimums with ATC COMS
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjPOrMBrQ40
>
> Video segmented. First part is picking up my approach clearance to
> KMBO while executing the ILS at KJAN
>
> Second segment is after the touch and go into KJAN and final part is
> the descent and landing into KMBO. Descent, silence clipped between
> callouts for brevity as the inside of a cloud looks the same. Dodged
> some vultures not seen in video on final hence the left move on final,
>
> This is probably the first video of mine where you will see white over
> white on the VASI. Ceilings were lowering as I progressed south and I
> didn't want to lose sight of the airport, so I turned base much sooner
> then normal and figured to land long..
>
> Kind of amusing to hear the controller voice tone (you are going to do
> what?) when I requested the approach into Madison in the beginning of
> the video. ATC audio includes a bet between me and the approach
> controller in whether I make it in. I lost the bet and confessed at
> the end of the video :-)

I commend you that you actually get out in the weather in a organized
approach and practice what you learned. I never did it to the extent you
do and I should have done more. Congratulations. I wish I could still do
it now, even VFR.

Keep up the good work and I enjoy the videos. As a side, what video
format do you load to YouTube, .wav?

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP

BeechSundowner
September 29th 09, 02:20 PM
On Sep 28, 2:07*pm, Ross > wrote:

> I commend you that you actually get out in the weather in a organized
> approach and practice what you learned. I never did it to the extent you
> do and I should have done more. Congratulations. I wish I could still do
> it now, even VFR.

Hopefully you get the chance to share your wealth of experience and
knowledge even from the right seat?

> Keep up the good work and I enjoy the videos. As a side, what video
> format do you load to YouTube, .wav?

Thanks Ross for the kind compliments.

I upload in a .wmv format (Windows Movie Maker is the video editor).

Ross
September 29th 09, 05:36 PM
BeechSundowner wrote:
> On Sep 28, 2:07 pm, Ross > wrote:

snip

> I upload in a .wmv format (Windows Movie Maker is the video editor).

TKS

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP