PDA

View Full Version : What happened to archives?

Mike[_28_]
October 2nd 09, 06:04 PM
Maybe I missed something, but what happen to the RAS archives?
Seaching the group for something like LS4 results in 5 hits - all from
last month.

Mike[_28_]
October 2nd 09, 06:14 PM
On Oct 2, 1:04*pm, Mike > wrote:
> Maybe I missed something, but what happen to the RAS archives?
> Seaching the group for something like LS4 results in 5 hits - all from
> last month.

Nver mind. I searched the archives for "Archives" and got the answer.
Pretty lame, if you ask me.

Frank Whiteley
October 3rd 09, 12:25 AM
On Oct 2, 11:14*am, Mike > wrote:
> On Oct 2, 1:04*pm, Mike > wrote:
>
> > Maybe I missed something, but what happen to the RAS archives?
> > Seaching the group for something like LS4 results in 5 hits - all from
> > last month.
>
> Nver mind. I searched the archives for "Archives" and got the answer.
> Pretty lame, if you ask me.

If you are reading RAS via groups.google.com, follow the 'About this
group' in the right side frames. All posts are searchable there using
the Advanced Search to set a date range and many other filters.

Plus you can read RAS from the beginning by month and year.

Frank Whiteley

Frank Whiteley
October 3rd 09, 12:28 AM
On Oct 2, 5:25*pm, Frank Whiteley > wrote:
> On Oct 2, 11:14*am, Mike > wrote:
>
> > On Oct 2, 1:04*pm, Mike > wrote:
>
> > > Maybe I missed something, but what happen to the RAS archives?
> > > Seaching the group for something like LS4 results in 5 hits - all from
> > > last month.
>
> > Nver mind. I searched the archives for "Archives" and got the answer.
> > Pretty lame, if you ask me.
>
> If you are reading RAS via groups.google.com, follow the 'About this
> group' in the right side frames. *All posts are searchable there using
> the Advanced Search to set a date range and many other filters.
>
> Plus you can read RAS from the beginning by month and year.
>
> Frank Whiteley

Forget the above, that's not how I got to advanced search.

Frank

Frank Whiteley
October 3rd 09, 12:32 AM
On Oct 2, 5:28*pm, Frank Whiteley > wrote:
> On Oct 2, 5:25*pm, Frank Whiteley > wrote:

> > > Nver mind. I searched the archives for "Archives" and got the answer.
> > > Pretty lame, if you ask me.
>
> > If you are reading RAS via groups.google.com, follow the 'About this
> > group' in the right side frames. *All posts are searchable there using
> > the Advanced Search to set a date range and many other filters.
>
> > Plus you can read RAS from the beginning by month and year.
>
> > Frank Whiteley
>
> Forget the above, that's not how I got to advanced search.
>
> Frank

Click on the Google Groups icon link above rec.aviation.soaring and
the next page has an advanced search link. The About This Group page
is interestin and clicking on some of the items will show an advanced
search link also.

Frank

Frank Whiteley
October 3rd 09, 01:39 AM
On Oct 2, 5:32*pm, Frank Whiteley > wrote:
> On Oct 2, 5:28*pm, Frank Whiteley > wrote:

Bart[_4_]
October 6th 09, 08:03 PM
On Oct 2, 5:39 pm, Frank Whiteley > wrote:
> Even the advanced search is very limited.

I'd call it "broken", not "limited." Example: a search for "glider"
between 1 Jan 1994 and 1 Dec 2001 returns 486 results. Same query, but
between 1 Jan 1994 and 1 Dec 2008 - 9 (NINE) results. Wow, someone
must have posted some negative gliders between 2002 and 2008! ;-)

Bart

Google