PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive, tiny gps logger

Richard[_12_]
October 8th 09, 06:55 PM
This is being touted for use in cycle touring, but might be of
interest for soaring use, as well.

http://global.mobileaction.com/

- Rich Karas (used to fly a Diamant HBV and Libelle
301)

John Scott[_2_]
October 8th 09, 10:36 PM
About the same price as a simple Garmin eTrex ($65-$70), but without all of
the capablities of having the eTrex display screen.

John

Tim Mara[_2_]
October 8th 09, 11:40 PM
I ahve a similar devise from FlyWithCE...but the advantage of the FWCE
Recorder is the software. FWCE recorder is a similar device but converts the
log to IGC like to display in all popular Soaring software, and also makes a
logbook to track all your soaring flights anytime the recorder is used. The
FWCE recorder is not approved for badges or records, but similar to PDA
flight logs it can be used for OLC and likely accepted for any contest where
the IGC log is not required...for a little more than these other devices you
get some powerful software ready for soaring pilots....see
http://www.wingsandwheels.com/page11.htm
and also more info on http://www.flywithce.com/recorder.html
tim
Please visit the Wings & Wheels website at www.wingsandwheels.com

"Richard" > wrote in message
> This is being touted for use in cycle touring, but might be of
> interest for soaring use, as well.
>
> http://global.mobileaction.com/
>
> - Rich Karas (used to fly a Diamant HBV and Libelle
> 301)

Google