PDA

View Full Version : P-51

Glen in Orlando
October 8th 09, 10:47 PM
Posted this one months ago... Captured it at the TICO (Titusville/Cocoa
florida) Air show last spring...

Glen in Orlando

Dave Kearton[_3_]
October 9th 09, 02:05 AM
"Glen in Orlando" > wrote in message
g.com...
> Posted this one months ago... Captured it at the TICO (Titusville/Cocoa
> florida) Air show last spring...
>
> Glen in Orlando

That's a fantastic pic, a totally perfect restoration. Although,
don't the star and bars conflict with the D-day stripes ?

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]
October 9th 09, 02:50 AM
Dave Kearton wrote:

> That's a fantastic pic, a totally perfect restoration. Although,
> don't the star and bars conflict with the D-day stripes ?

A totally perfect restoration wouldn't be so shiny.

Dave Kearton[_3_]
October 9th 09, 03:16 AM
"Steven P. McNicoll" > wrote in message
> Dave Kearton wrote:
>>
>> That's a fantastic pic, a totally perfect restoration. Although,
>> don't the star and bars conflict with the D-day stripes ?
>>

> A totally perfect restoration wouldn't be so shiny.

Or clean, I've always had a problem with superlatives.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton (please give generously, so Dave can post normally again)

Dennis[_9_]
October 9th 09, 02:10 PM
"Dave Kearton" > wrote in news:S1xzm.19477
:

> "Steven P. McNicoll" > wrote in message
>> Dave Kearton wrote:
>>>
>>> That's a fantastic pic, a totally perfect restoration. Although,
>>> don't the star and bars conflict with the D-day stripes ?
>>>

>> A totally perfect restoration wouldn't be so shiny.
>>

> Or clean, I've always had a problem with superlatives.

See my post/question with subject "shiny restaurations"
Probably called restorations in english, though.

Cheers,

Dennis

John Meyer
October 12th 09, 09:02 PM
In article >,
"Glen in Orlando" > wrote:

> Posted this one months ago... Captured it at the TICO (Titusville/Cocoa
> florida) Air show last spring...
>
> Glen in Orlando
>

> begin 666 500226505_tico airshow 2009_mar152009_0238 qucik silver (Custom).jpg
> [Image]
>
> end

What an unfortunate paint job. Either make it authentic military or
totally civilian. Yeah yeah: it's his airplane and he can do what he
wants with it, including make it look stupid.

Oviedo
October 13th 09, 01:34 AM
> What an unfortunate paint job. Either make it authentic military or
> totally civilian. Yeah yeah: it's his airplane and he can do what he
> wants with it, including make it look stupid.

Meant to post this to the group but sent the 1st one to just Jphn Meyer.

It explains the paint scheme.

Google