PDA

View Full Version : Cobra skin/rib bonding stuff

Brad[_2_]
October 20th 09, 03:20 PM
Anyone know what the stuff is that Cobra uses to bond the aluminum
ribs and skin with?

I am in the design phase of a clamshell top and I would like to bond
the skin/ribs, with a few chicken rivets in strategic places.

Brad

Ron Clark
October 20th 09, 06:36 PM
On Oct 20, 7:20*am, Brad > wrote:
> Anyone know what the stuff is that Cobra uses to bond the aluminum
> ribs and skin with?
>
> I am *in the design phase of a clamshell top and I would like to bond
> the skin/ribs, with a few chicken rivets in strategic places.
>
> Brad

Brad,
Check out this adhesive from West Systems.

http://www.westsystem.com/ss/gflex/

Also, the loctite depend 330 mentioned in the earlier post about
trailer repair is good stuff. It is the adhesive used on the vortex
generators installed on our piper colt, and that stuff has been
holding tight for over 10 years.

Ron

Frank Beythien[_2_]
October 21st 09, 09:24 AM
On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 14:20:13 UTC Brad > wrote:

> Anyone know what the stuff is that Cobra uses to bond the aluminum
> ribs and skin with?
>
> I am in the design phase of a clamshell top and I would like to bond
> the skin/ribs, with a few chicken rivets in strategic places.

Why don't you ask

http://www.cobratrailer.com/html/start_.html
or

--