PDA

View Full Version : my 2009 soaring video

Luke[_4_]
October 27th 09, 01:45 PM
With the cross country season coming to a close in the flatland's of
the northern hemisphere I thought that some of you may enjoy my video
compilation from the 2009 gliding season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPUZSESjGX8

Cheers,
Luke

Tony[_5_]
October 27th 09, 03:29 PM
a whole season of XC flying and not a single land out? bummer! :D

nice video

Tony

Luke[_4_]
October 27th 09, 03:35 PM
On Oct 27, 11:29*am, Tony > wrote:
> a whole season of XC flying and not a single land out? *bummer! :D
>
> nice video
>
> Tony

Lots of land-outs.. none on video. Got some pics though :)

http://www.silentflight.ca/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=27&g2_itemId=1468

vontresc
October 27th 09, 03:38 PM
On Oct 27, 10:35*am, Luke > wrote:
> On Oct 27, 11:29*am, Tony > wrote:
>
> > a whole season of XC flying and not a single land out? *bummer! :D
>
> > nice video
>
> > Tony
>
> Lots of land-outs.. none on video. *Got some pics though :)
>
> http://www.silentflight.ca/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=27&g2....

Hah that's classic. I love the cows in the pic. That's truly "Aller
aux vaches" :-)

Pete

Tony[_5_]
October 27th 09, 03:44 PM
I can't get that page to open. Might have to try it at home unless you
have a different link.

Tony

Luke[_4_]
October 27th 09, 03:46 PM
On Oct 27, 11:44*am, Tony > wrote:
> I can't get that page to open. Might have to try it at home unless you
> have a different link.
>
> Tony

You can try going to http://www.silentflight.ca and just go to the
gallery section.

Luke

Tony[_5_]
October 27th 09, 03:55 PM
On Oct 27, 10:46*am, Luke > wrote:
> On Oct 27, 11:44*am, Tony > wrote:
>
> > I can't get that page to open. Might have to try it at home unless you
> > have a different link.
>
> > Tony
>
> You can try going tohttp://www.silentflight.caand just go to the
> gallery section.
>
> Luke

getting an XML error of some sort on that site. same as the other link.

Luke[_4_]
October 27th 09, 05:44 PM
On Oct 27, 11:55*am, Tony > wrote:
> On Oct 27, 10:46*am, Luke > wrote:
>
> > On Oct 27, 11:44*am, Tony > wrote:
>
> > > I can't get that page to open. Might have to try it at home unless you
> > > have a different link.
>
> > > Tony
>
> > You can try going tohttp://www.silentflight.caandjust go to the
> > gallery section.
>
> > Luke
>
> getting an XML error of some sort on that site. same as the other link.

strange, can you try just typing in the address instead of following
the link? Looking at your replies the url seems to be mangled (for
example silentflight.caand instead of silentflight.ca) if you want
message me offline ( luke at silentflight dot ca ) so we aren't
spamming the group.

Luke

Chris
October 28th 09, 01:16 AM
On Oct 27, 1:44*pm, Luke > wrote:
> On Oct 27, 11:55*am, Tony > wrote:

> > > You can try going tohttp://www.silentflight.caandjustgo to the
> > > gallery section.
>
> > > Luke
>
> > getting an XML error of some sort on that site. same as the other link.
>
> strange, can you try just typing in the address instead of following
> the link? *Looking at your replies the url seems to be mangled (for
> example silentflight.caand instead of silentflight.ca) *if you want
> message me offline ( luke at silentflight dot ca ) so we aren't
> spamming the group.
>
> Luke

I couldn't open the link in firefox, but I could in IE.

Uncle Fuzzy
October 28th 09, 01:37 AM
On Oct 27, 8:35*am, Luke > wrote:
> On Oct 27, 11:29*am, Tony > wrote:
>
> > a whole season of XC flying and not a single land out? *bummer! :D
>
> > nice video
>
> > Tony
>
> Lots of land-outs.. none on video. *Got some pics though :)
>
> http://www.silentflight.ca/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=27&g2....

Wow! Actual Cows!! Real Grass!! I saw a lizard near my glider a
couple weeks ago.... does that count? I'm green with envy. It's all
shades of brown here, pretty much year 'round.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GSumJBQwgE

Luke[_4_]
October 28th 09, 02:16 AM
On Oct 27, 9:16*pm, Chris > wrote:
> On Oct 27, 1:44*pm, Luke > wrote:

> > > getting an XML error of some sort on that site. same as the other link.
>
> > strange, can you try just typing in the address instead of following
> > the link? *Looking at your replies the url seems to be mangled (for
> > example silentflight.caand instead of silentflight.ca) *if you want
> > message me offline ( luke at silentflight dot ca ) so we aren't
> > spamming the group.
>
> > Luke
>
> I couldn't open the link in firefox, but I could in IE.

Very interesting, i can get to the page using IE and Firefox in
windows, and Firefox in linux

Frank Whiteley
October 28th 09, 02:20 AM
On Oct 27, 7:37*pm, Uncle Fuzzy > wrote:
> On Oct 27, 8:35*am, Luke > wrote:
>
> > On Oct 27, 11:29*am, Tony > wrote:
>
> > > a whole season of XC flying and not a single land out? *bummer! :D
>
> > > nice video
>
> > > Tony
>
> > Lots of land-outs.. none on video. *Got some pics though :)
>
> >http://www.silentflight.ca/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=27&g2...
>
> Wow! *Actual Cows!! Real Grass!! * I saw a lizard near my glider a
> couple weeks ago.... does that count? *I'm green with envy. *It's all
> shades of brown here, pretty much year 'round.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GSumJBQwgE

We had much rain this year, hence lots of tall green grass when it's
normally brown. I spent about 20 hours one week mowing runways,
verges, and winch launch areas. The rain resulted in a lot of
rattlesnakes and a visiting instructor that got bit on the hand (and
spent a night in the hospital) trying to pick one up.

Saturday, there was some secondary or tertiary wave and the grass has
turned brown. That said, 1-2 feet of snow possible in the next day or
two. Up to three feet possible in the mountains.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIDBQBdODgs

Luke[_4_]
October 28th 09, 02:21 AM
On Oct 27, 9:37*pm, Uncle Fuzzy > wrote:
> On Oct 27, 8:35*am, Luke > wrote:
>
> > On Oct 27, 11:29*am, Tony > wrote:
>
> > > a whole season of XC flying and not a single land out? *bummer! :D
>
> > > nice video
>
> > > Tony
>
> > Lots of land-outs.. none on video. *Got some pics though :)
>
> >http://www.silentflight.ca/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=27&g2...
>
> Wow! *Actual Cows!! Real Grass!! * I saw a lizard near my glider a
> couple weeks ago.... does that count? *I'm green with envy. *It's all
> shades of brown here, pretty much year 'round.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GSumJBQwgE

i'll trade you all the cows and green grass for some Nevada weather :D

Martin Gregorie[_5_]
October 28th 09, 12:30 PM
On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 19:16:37 -0700, Luke wrote:

> On Oct 27, 9:16Â*pm, Chris > wrote:

>> > strange, can you try just typing in the address instead of following
>> > the link? Â*Looking at your replies the url seems to be mangled (for
>> > example silentflight.caand instead of silentflight.ca) Â*if you want
>> > message me offline ( luke at silentflight dot ca ) so we aren't
>> > spamming the group.
>>
>> > Luke
>>
>> I couldn't open the link in firefox, but I could in IE.
>
> Very interesting, i can get to the page using IE and Firefox in windows,
> and Firefox in linux

Likewise: Opera 10 on Linux.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

Andy[_10_]
October 28th 09, 04:27 PM
Here's mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aDJLDQ-5QU

tstock
October 29th 09, 02:18 PM
On Oct 28, 12:27*pm, Andy > wrote:
> Here's mine.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aDJLDQ-5QU

Great video nice taxi

jb92563
October 30th 09, 03:33 PM
On Oct 27, 6:45*am, Luke > wrote:
> With the cross country season coming to a close in the flatland's of
> the northern hemisphere I thought that some of you may enjoy my video
> compilation from the 2009 gliding season.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPUZSESjGX8
>
> Cheers,
> Luke

Was that low pass flyby at SOSA? Rockton, Ontario, Canada?

Sure looked every bit like it.

I'm a SOSA alumni, got my Glider ticket there in 1996ish and flew
there for about 5 years before packing up and heading to California.

Ray

jb92563
October 30th 09, 03:43 PM
On Oct 28, 9:27*am, Andy > wrote:
> Here's mine.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aDJLDQ-5QU

Let me guess....Minden, Nevada ?

Had the Motorglider Flyin there this past Summer and had a lot of fun.

My first long trip in the Grob 109. 400 miles up the Owens valley from
Riverside, CA.

Great Scenery and some booming thermals in the Owens.

The weather was not ideal though, but we are hoping for better in 2010
along with a little Soaring Safari with the group.

Will be getting in to some glider acro myself soon....looks like a
blast!

Ray

Google