PDA

View Full Version : tramadol (Ultram) and aviation medical certificate

Greg[_1_]
November 20th 09, 04:30 PM
Anyone out there have or know of anyone taking tramadol (Ultram) and
flying with current medical certificate?
I heard there are exceptions to the general disqualification with that
med.
thanks

November 20th 09, 04:39 PM
Greg > wrote:
> Anyone out there have or know of anyone taking tramadol (Ultram) and
> flying with current medical certificate?
> I heard there are exceptions to the general disqualification with that
> med.
> thanks

According to the AOPA medications database it is FAA allowed based on:

occasional use only (1-2 times per week)

48 hour wait before flying, maximum use twice weekly, status report
confirming no adverse side effects

reviewed on a case by case basis

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

Stubby[_3_]
November 21st 09, 03:49 PM
On Nov 20, 11:30*am, Greg > wrote:
> Anyone out there have or know of anyone taking tramadol (Ultram) and
> flying with current medical certificate?
> I heard there are exceptions to the general disqualification with that
> med.
> thanks

I have 4 major medical problems and take 10 drugs each day to cope
with them. I was able to get a 3rd class medical certificate,
however. You need to work through your AME.
Maybe you can get your doc(s) to say you are safe flying. NB: Once
the Special Issuance Process is started, you must complete it within
30 days and will have to restart if you don't get all the paperwork
done. Read 14 CFR 67.113(b) (c), 67.213(b) (c) and 67.313(b) (c).
My certificate was issued under 67.401. Good luck.

Greg[_1_]
November 27th 09, 03:42 AM
On Nov 21, 10:49 am, Stubby > wrote:
> On Nov 20, 11:30 am, Greg > wrote:
>
> > Anyone out there have or know of anyone taking tramadol (Ultram) and
> > flying with current medical certificate?
> > I heard there are exceptions to the general disqualification with that
> > med.
> > thanks
>
> I have 4 major medical problems and take 10 drugs each day to cope
> with them. I was able to get a 3rd class medical certificate,
> however. You need to work through your AME.
> Maybe you can get your doc(s) to say you are safe flying. NB: Once
> the Special Issuance Process is started, you must complete it within
> 30 days and will have to restart if you don't get all the paperwork
> done. Read 14 CFR 67.113(b) (c), 67.213(b) (c) and 67.313(b) (c).
> My certificate was issued under 67.401. Good luck.

thanks
is tramadol one of the drugs you are taking?

Google