PDA

View Full Version : Announcing: A New Group On Google....

Canuck[_9_]
December 3rd 09, 05:13 AM
I decided to try out Google's Groups and started a group that might be of
interest to the members who post here. I will make one announcement and
never pester you again. IF you wish to join and participate:

* Group name: Aviation Photos Taken By YOU!
* Group email address

http://groups.google.ca/group/aviation-photos-taken-by-you?hl=en

As the name implies: Only aviation/aircraft/aerospace photos taken by you
are permitted. The intent is for those of us who enjoy aircraft and aircraft
photography to have a home base. Drop by. Tell your friends.

--
Nick
Colonel, First Earth Air Force

Dave Kearton[_3_]
December 3rd 09, 05:42 AM
"Canuck" > wrote in message
>I decided to try out Google's Groups and started a group that might be of
>interest to the members who post here. I will make one announcement and
>never pester you again. IF you wish to join and participate:
>
> * Group name: Aviation Photos Taken By YOU!
> * Group email address
>
> http://groups.google.ca/group/aviation-photos-taken-by-you?hl=en
>
> As the name implies: Only aviation/aircraft/aerospace photos taken by you
> are permitted. The intent is for those of us who enjoy aircraft and
> aircraft photography to have a home base. Drop by. Tell your friends.
>
> --
> Nick
> Colonel, First Earth Air Force

What ? No yEnc ?

We'll have to go there and argue about politics.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Mitchell Holman[_3_]
December 3rd 09, 01:03 PM
"Canuck" > wrote in
:

> I decided to try out Google's Groups and started a group that might be
> of interest to the members who post here. I will make one announcement
> and never pester you again. IF you wish to join and participate:
>
> * Group name: Aviation Photos Taken By YOU!
> * Group email address
>
> http://groups.google.ca/group/aviation-photos-taken-by-you?hl=en

Why not an alt.binaries.aviation.original?

Glen in Orlando
December 3rd 09, 09:56 PM
Nick..
Can't upload unless you are the admin??
I signed up for your new group but can't upload anything...
any ideas??

Glen in Orlando

Canuck[_9_]
December 4th 09, 12:51 AM
"Glen in Orlando" > wrote in message
g.com...
> Nick..
> Can't upload unless you are the admin??
> I signed up for your new group but can't upload anything...
> any ideas??
>
> Glen in Orlando

Hi Glen! Uploading of files is by the administrator only. Only members may
post to the group. Since you are a member, all you need to do is send your
photo to the group at the group's email address. Google Groups are a bit
weird as your own post will NOT come back to you. Rest assured, your post
will make it providing you posted from the email address you used when you
signed up for the group.

Take care,

Nick

Canuck[_9_]
December 4th 09, 12:53 AM
"Mitchell Holman" > wrote in message
. 130...
> "Canuck" > wrote in
> :
>
>> I decided to try out Google's Groups and started a group that might be
>> of interest to the members who post here. I will make one announcement
>> and never pester you again. IF you wish to join and participate:
>>
>> * Group name: Aviation Photos Taken By YOU!
>> * Group email address
>>
>> http://groups.google.ca/group/aviation-photos-taken-by-you?hl=en
>>

> Why not an alt.binaries.aviation.original?

I'm kind of like Google and wanted to form a group on Google using Google
Groups. It can be a permanent home for all of us who want to use it. Usenet
has its purpose and so forth but I think Google Groups and Yahoo Groups is
the way of the future. Give it a try.

Nick

Canuck[_9_]
December 4th 09, 12:54 AM
"Dave Kearton" > wrote in message
> "Canuck" > wrote in message
>>I decided to try out Google's Groups and started a group that might be of
>>interest to the members who post here. I will make one announcement and
>>never pester you again. IF you wish to join and participate:
>>
>> * Group name: Aviation Photos Taken By YOU!
>> * Group email address
>>
>> http://groups.google.ca/group/aviation-photos-taken-by-you?hl=en
>>
>> As the name implies: Only aviation/aircraft/aerospace photos taken by you
>> are permitted. The intent is for those of us who enjoy aircraft and
>> aircraft photography to have a home base. Drop by. Tell your friends.
>>
>> --
>> Nick
>> Colonel, First Earth Air Force
>

> What ? No yEnc ?
>

> We'll have to go there and argue about politics.
>

> --
>

> Cheers
>
> Dave Kearton

LOL! Leave it to Dave to come up with the perfect comment. Come on over!

Nick

Google