PDA

View Full Version : Re: Trap rates for E-2 and C-2 types ?

Pechs1
July 24th 03, 02:12 PM
John-<< Do the approach speeds for the E-2 and C-2 types improve the
percentage of traps to bolters compared to fast jets ? Do they tend to
catch the #3 more than jets ? >><BR><BR>

No and no...The best jet for me was the F-4 that was one of the fastest on
approach at the time...less time to screw something up...
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)

Red Rider
July 25th 03, 06:51 AM
"Pechs1" > wrote in message
> John-<< Do the approach speeds for the E-2 and C-2 types improve the
> percentage of traps to bolters compared to fast jets ? Do they tend to
> catch the #3 more than jets ? >><BR><BR>
>
> No and no...The best jet for me was the F-4 that was one of the fastest on
> approach at the time...less time to screw something up...
> P. C. Chisholm
> CDR, USN(ret.)
> Old Phart Phormer Phantom, Turkey, Viper, Scooter and Combat Buckeye
Phlyer

You have a point there. For me the RA-5 was easy one. Of course you had to
pay attention, and keep your head and a** wired together. I think it was
because of the size and weight. When you had it together, it was just like
sliding down a greased rope. But it and the A-3 kept the flight deck on
their toes.

Red

Google