PDA

View Full Version : Re: Small arms locker questions

Red
July 27th 03, 04:35 PM
"Leadfoot" > wrote in message
> Type of ship, size of crew? Interested in Subs and Aircraft Carriers as
well
> as FFG's and DD's
>
> Size and location of locker?
>
> What type and how many weapons? The more detail the better
>
> Most unusual weapon or item stored in Locker?
>
> Is there more than one locker?
>
> Would an attached aircrew have a separate locker?
>
> Who has a key besides the Master at Arms?
>
> Is a Stinger a small arm and are they stored in the small arms locker or
> elsewhere?
>
> Are explosives stored there?

For someone posting without an return E-mail address you want to know a lot.
I don't think I will tell you.

Terry Schanno
July 27th 03, 07:05 PM
Red wrote:
> "Leadfoot" > wrote in message
>
>>Type of ship, size of crew? Interested in Subs and Aircraft Carriers as
>
> well
>
>>as FFG's and DD's
>>
>>Size and location of locker?
>>
>>What type and how many weapons? The more detail the better
>>
>>Most unusual weapon or item stored in Locker?
>>
>>Is there more than one locker?
>>
>>Would an attached aircrew have a separate locker?
>>
>>Who has a key besides the Master at Arms?
>>
>>Is a Stinger a small arm and are they stored in the small arms locker or
>>elsewhere?
>>
>>Are explosives stored there?
>

> For someone posting without an return E-mail address you want to know a lot.
> I don't think I will tell you.

I would be interested in conversations about small arms held aboard
ships. Do FFGs or DDs carry Stingers? I could see a use for a Stinger
aboard an SSN or SSBN (Hey, howabout Stingers aboard the SSGN's?) but
aboard a Destroyer? Especially a Burke...

Jim Carriere
July 27th 03, 07:25 PM
> >>Most unusual weapon or item stored in Locker?

It's where we stored the Turkish shotguns that crewmembers bought in port.
Seemed more sensible than to use berthing :)

The rest of the questions... good luck on those. Frankly, most of it isn't
any of your business if you have to resort to usenet to ask.

Larry
July 27th 03, 09:34 PM
> Actually I thought about putting in a disclaimer saying if you thought it
> was better not to answer for CURRENT operational ships then not to post
In that case maybe you could focus your question(s) a little. Your original
post seemed to "cover a lot of ground".

I might be able to help with the carrier and aviation type stuff.

Larry
AECS (AW/SW/MTS)
Disabled Combat Veteran
USN Retired

20 years of Navy in my rear view mirror
and getting further away every day ;-)

"Leadfoot" > wrote in message
> Actually I thought about putting in a disclaimer saying if you thought it
> was better not to answer for CURRENT operational ships then not to post
>
> As for no e-mail address I just want to avoid the spamming hordes. My IP
> address and who my ISP is there for all to see.
>
> My interest is pure curiousity
>

> "Larry" > wrote in message
> > These questions seem to cover a pretty broad spectrum: care to explain
> where
> > the gathered info will go?
> >
> > I'm kinda thinking it's for no good purpose- am I wrong?
> >
> > Or is this just a troll?
> >

> > Larry
> > AECS (AW/SW/MTS)
> > Disabled Combat Veteran
> > USN Retired
> >
> > 20 years of Navy in my rear view mirror
> > and getting further away every day ;-)
> >

> > "Leadfoot" > wrote in message
> > > Type of ship, size of crew? Interested in Subs and Aircraft Carriers
as
> > well
> > > as FFG's and DD's
> > >
> > > Size and location of locker?
> > >
> > > What type and how many weapons? The more detail the better
> > >
> > > Most unusual weapon or item stored in Locker?
> > >
> > > Is there more than one locker?
> > >
> > > Would an attached aircrew have a separate locker?
> > >
> > > Who has a key besides the Master at Arms?
> > >
> > > Is a Stinger a small arm and are they stored in the small arms locker
or
> > > elsewhere?
> > >
> > > Are explosives stored there?

Pechs1
July 30th 03, 02:10 PM
nospam-<< Type of ship, size of crew? Interested in Subs and Aircraft Carriers
as well
as FFG's and DD's >><BR><BR>

For our '88 Cruise, every JOs safe in their stateroom.

Wonder if it's the same for guys flying in DS I/II...

We all bought handguns, flew with them...
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)

Google