PDA

View Full Version : Re: Su-27SK(Upgraded), Su-27KUB & new Flanker book

William H. Shuey
July 28th 03, 01:18 AM
Ken Duffey wrote:

> If anyone is interested........
>
> I have just added a page of photos to my Flankers website showing the
> new Su-27SK(Upgraded)variant - plus a few new photos of the Su-27KUB
> side-by-side naval variant.
>
> I have also added a short review of a new book by Andrei Fomin on the
> Su-33 & Su-27KUB.
>
> If you go to http://www.flankers.co.uk/ then click on Flankers,
> Variants - then the appropriate link for the new Su-27SKU & Su-27KUB
> pages.
>
> Clicking on Flankers, Flanker References, Su-33 Naval Epic should take
> you to the book review.
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Ken Duffey

Speaking of Sukhoi; I understand that Indonesia has cut an order for a
batch of Flankers. Considering that New Zealand has virtually dis-armed
and I heard Australia is looking at a round of "defense
rationalizations" what effect will this have down in the Southern
Hemisphere?

Bill Shuey

Ken Duffey
July 28th 03, 08:07 AM
"Bill Silvey" > wrote in message
m...
> "Ken Duffey" > wrote in message
>
> > If anyone is interested........

Snipped.................

> Sir: rotary wing question(s) for you:
>
> The Russians had been working on RWAC egress systems that consisted of
> rotor-cutting charges fired perhaps one second before cockpit egress; do
you
> know if that was put into production and also was it made part of the
> Ka-50-2 with it's tandem rotors (which I imagine might be more difficult
> "clear")...
>
> TIA.
>
> P.s., as always, a wonderful web-page!
>
> --
> http://www.delversdungeon.dragonsfoot.org
> Remove the X's in my email address to respond.
> "Damn you Silvey, and your endless fortunes." - Stephen Weir
> I hate furries.

Bill,

The Ka-50 is fitted with a Zvezda K-37 lightweight rocket ejection system
that extracts the seat and pilot after first shedding the co-axial (not
tandem) rotors.

AFAIK, the two-seat Ka-52 and Ka-50-2 have the same system.

There is a photo of the K-37 seat down the bottom of the Ka-50 pages at :-
http://mysite.freeserve.com/aircraft_pages/other_aircraft_portal.htm

Click on the approriate link - Ka-50, Ka-52, Ka-50-2.

Ken Duffey

Google