PDA

View Full Version : G-1 flight jacket

Jim Strand
July 28th 03, 11:26 PM
Never managed to get one while on active duty. This year I'll need a
new jacket anyway so I'm looking at purchasing one. Can use some
recommendations of where or where not to purchase from. Any reason to
choose goatskin, lambskin, or cowhide? And lastly what about sizing?

Thanks
ACC USN ret.
NKX, BIKF, NAB, CV-63, NIR
67-69 69-71 71-74 77-80 80-85
&
74-77

Co-founder of newsgroup - RAMN
Anti-spam measures in action.
For e-mail response delete "nospam"

lost_guy57
July 29th 03, 02:59 AM
Naval Affairs has one on sale in there for about $100 or so. Depending on
the conditions you will be under would determine the type of material to
use. I have had the goatskin it's really lightweight and easy to move in.
My personal preference would be the cowhide.
George W.

"Jim Strand" > wrote in message
> Never managed to get one while on active duty. This year I'll need a
> new jacket anyway so I'm looking at purchasing one. Can use some
> recommendations of where or where not to purchase from. Any reason to
> choose goatskin, lambskin, or cowhide? And lastly what about sizing?
>
> Thanks
> ACC USN ret.
> NKX, BIKF, NAB, CV-63, NIR
> 67-69 69-71 71-74 77-80 80-85
> &
> 74-77
>
> Co-founder of newsgroup - RAMN
> Anti-spam measures in action.
> For e-mail response delete "nospam"

Jdf4cheval
July 29th 03, 07:00 AM
<< Can use some
recommendations of where or where not to purchase from. >>
Try flightsuits.

<A HREF="http://flightsuits.com/">Flight Suits: Flight Jackets, Flying Helmets,
E…</A>

I recommend cowhide for genrral purpose use.

Charles Borris
July 29th 03, 08:38 PM
Try the Naval Air Museum in Pensacola, Had a reunion there a few years ago
and they had some original look alikes.

"Jim Strand" > wrote in message
> Never managed to get one while on active duty. This year I'll need a
> new jacket anyway so I'm looking at purchasing one. Can use some
> recommendations of where or where not to purchase from. Any reason to
> choose goatskin, lambskin, or cowhide? And lastly what about sizing?
>
> Thanks
> ACC USN ret.
> NKX, BIKF, NAB, CV-63, NIR
> 67-69 69-71 71-74 77-80 80-85