PDA

View Full Version : New distance record

JS
December 13th 09, 10:10 PM
Lifted off [Aus-Soaring], thanks Christopher McDonnell...
Terry Delore broke the 2500k mark out of Omarama.
Jim

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10615370

smithcorp
December 14th 09, 12:38 AM
On Dec 14, 9:10*am, JS > wrote:
> Lifted off [Aus-Soaring], thanks Christopher McDonnell...
> * Terry Delore broke the 2500k mark out of Omarama.
> Jim
>
> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10615370

I'd love to see this on a Google maps plot.

bildan
December 14th 09, 12:48 AM
On Dec 13, 3:10*pm, JS > wrote:
> Lifted off [Aus-Soaring], thanks Christopher McDonnell...
> * Terry Delore broke the 2500k mark out of Omarama.
> Jim
>
> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10615370

I can't find this flight on the OLC - you'd think they would submit it.

glidergeek
December 14th 09, 01:55 AM
On Dec 13, 2:10*pm, JS > wrote:
> Lifted off [Aus-Soaring], thanks Christopher McDonnell...
> * Terry Delore broke the 2500k mark out of Omarama.
> Jim
>
> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10615370

touched down in Omarama in Central Otago last night, having glided
2501km.
Landed Last night? Is that why it's not on the OLC ?

bildan
December 14th 09, 02:20 AM
On Dec 13, 6:55*pm, glidergeek > wrote:
> On Dec 13, 2:10*pm, JS > wrote:
>
> > Lifted off [Aus-Soaring], thanks Christopher McDonnell...
> > * Terry Delore broke the 2500k mark out of Omarama.
> > Jim
>
> >http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10615370
>
> touched down in Omarama in Central Otago last night, having glided
> 2501km.
> Landed Last night? Is that why it's not on the OLC ?

Klaus Ohlmann did a 2593.7 km flight yesterday out of Chapelco,
Argentina.

JS
December 14th 09, 03:36 AM
Terry has another day to post his flight. But flight distances with
multiple legs of this length differ little from the OLC distance. Well
done, Klaus.
It's amazing when a 2009k flight gets you second place on the daily
score!
Jim

> Klaus Ohlmann did a 2593.7 km flight yesterday out of Chapelco,
> Argentina.

Tony[_5_]
December 14th 09, 01:54 PM
On Dec 13, 9:36*pm, JS > wrote:
> Terry has another day to post his flight. But flight distances with
> multiple legs of this length differ little from the OLC distance. Well
> done, Klaus.
> It's amazing when a 2009k flight gets you second place on the daily
> score!
> Jim
>

> > Klaus Ohlmann did a 2593.7 km flight yesterday out of Chapelco,
> > Argentina.- Hide quoted text -

I also noticed that Klaus had a 2800ish km flight on November 30...

ppp1
December 14th 09, 05:01 PM
Some one here knows, why Ohlmans 3009km is on discontinued category?
(free distance up with 3 turn points) And why there is new category
"free three turn point distance". What's the difference???

On 14 joulu, 15:54, Tony > wrote:
> On Dec 13, 9:36*pm, JS > wrote:
>
> > Terry has another day to post his flight. But flight distances with
> > multiple legs of this length differ little from the OLC distance. Well
> > done, Klaus.
> > It's amazing when a 2009k flight gets you second place on the daily
> > score!
> > Jim
>
> > > Klaus Ohlmann did a 2593.7 km flight yesterday out of Chapelco,
> > > Argentina.- Hide quoted text -

> I also noticed that Klaus had a 2800ish km flight on November 30...

Google