PDA

View Full Version : MK 80 flare pictures wanted

mah
August 2nd 03, 10:29 PM
Trying to get a display finished and need a little help.

I'm looking for good pictures of the MK 80 flares as a part of the
signal kit carried in the SV-2 vest.

Web searches have turned up some pictures but I need ones with a clear
view of the lettering on the cartridges.

Thanks in advance

MAH

Jake Donovan
August 3rd 03, 11:02 PM
They vary according to the manufacturer

One I have in my hand -
U.S. NAVY BUWEPS

SIGNAL HAND FIRED MK 80 MOD 0
FSA: 1370-930-7746-X258
LOT NO. P11-1268
PENGUIN INDUSTRIES, INC. PIL(2)

JD

"mah" > wrote in message ...
> Trying to get a display finished and need a little help.
>
> I'm looking for good pictures of the MK 80 flares as a part of the
> signal kit carried in the SV-2 vest.
>
> Web searches have turned up some pictures but I need ones with a clear
> view of the lettering on the cartridges.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> MAH

mah
August 6th 03, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the info.

Is the label a paper stick on or is it stencilled onto the body of the
flare?

Thanks again

MAH

Google