PDA

View Full Version : Dec 17 1903

Tony[_5_]
December 18th 09, 02:18 AM
Hey everybody, its been 106 years since the Wright Bros invented the
towplane! Cheers!

Tony

December 18th 09, 03:19 AM
On Dec 17, 8:18*pm, Tony > wrote:
> Hey everybody, its been 106 years since the Wright Bros invented the
> towplane! *Cheers!
>
> Tony

RIGHT ON!

Brad[_2_]
December 18th 09, 03:26 AM
On Dec 17, 7:19*pm, wrote:
> On Dec 17, 8:18*pm, Tony > wrote:
>
> > Hey everybody, its been 106 years since the Wright Bros invented the
> > towplane! *Cheers!
>
> > Tony
>
> RIGHT ON!

My buddy Ron flew his "new" LS-3 today for the first
time................what a way to celebrate, even got an hour ridge
soaring!

Brad

JJ Sinclair
December 18th 09, 07:16 AM
Tony wrote:
> Hey everybody, its been 106 years since the Wright Bros invented the
> towplane! Cheers!
>
> Tony

The only mistake the Wright Brothers made was to put an engine on
their GLIDER!
Cheers,
JJ

rlovinggood
December 18th 09, 12:33 PM
On Dec 18, 2:16*am, JJ Sinclair > wrote:
> Tony wrote:
> > Hey everybody, its been 106 years since the Wright Bros invented the
> > towplane! *Cheers!
>
> > Tony
>
> The only mistake the Wright Brothers made was to put an engine on
> their GLIDER!
> Cheers,
> JJ

Will the 'Curtis' ailerons disappear and be replaced by 'Wright Wing
Warping' technology?
(Isn't NASA and/or some other research organization(s) studying the
application of wing warping or wing morphing technology?)

Will we experience "what goes around comes around?"

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

bumper[_2_]
December 18th 09, 04:53 PM
On Dec 17, 11:16*pm, JJ Sinclair > wrote:
> Tony wrote:
> > Hey everybody, its been 106 years since the Wright Bros invented the
> > towplane! *Cheers!
>
> > Tony
>
> The only mistake the Wright Brothers made was to put an engine on
> their GLIDER!
> Cheers,
> JJ

Ma Nature had them beat by a few million years. The Wright Bros. were
doing their best to catch up. Their motor, though far from perfect,
was hardly a mistake.

The soaring birds they studied were "self-launchers", none being
"cripples" that could only soar! To this day, 106 years later, ALL
successful raptors still practice self-launching. And though it's
quite obvious they much prefer to soar, they'll reluctantly flap their
wings and motor away when the lift piddles out or simply looks better
"over there".

"Self-launchers" are natural! Motorless craft are cripples!

(for JJ privately - - - neah, nea nea neah neah :c)

bumper
ASH26E
Minden, NV
MKIV and Quiet Vent

Tony[_5_]
December 18th 09, 04:59 PM
> Will the 'Curtis' ailerons disappear and be replaced by 'Wright Wing
> Warping' technology?
> (Isn't NASA and/or some other research organization(s) studying the
> application of wing warping or wing morphing technology?)
>
> Will we experience "what goes around comes around?"
>
> Ray Lovinggood
> Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

whats old is new again Ray.

Tony