PDA

View Full Version : Sparkplug picking tool

Michael Horowitz
October 30th 03, 11:53 AM
An A&P showed me how to clean a sparkplug; first the two-prong
vibrating thing for deep cleaning, then sandblasting, then manual
picking of deposits.
He was using dental picks for the last task. What do you use? - Mike

Jerry Wass
October 30th 03, 01:17 PM
I take a piece of .060 music wire , about 5" long, bend a 1" dia loop in
one end, and
of the wire.
the two-prong

One's Too Many
October 30th 03, 03:38 PM
(Michael Horowitz) wrote in message >...

> He was using dental picks for the last task. What do you use? - Mike

A piece of scrap .041 stainless steel safety wire. Works perfectly to
dig out the globules of lead ash residue and didn't cost me a penny!

Paul
November 1st 03, 01:51 PM
> An A&P showed me how to clean a sparkplug; first the two-prong
> vibrating thing for deep cleaning, then sandblasting, then manual
> picking of deposits.
> He was using dental picks for the last task. What do you use? - Mike

I send mine to the girls at AIRCRAFT SPARK PLUG SERVICE 16152 Valerio St.Van
Nuys CA 91406. For 3.50 per plug, they clean, gap, pressure test and paint
my plugs. Each plug is returned in a new plastic tube.

I am NEVER going to clean and gap another plug. <G>

Cheers:

Paul
NC2273H

Google