PDA

View Full Version : Re: 1-MC and 5-MC & Voice

John
August 10th 03, 03:29 AM
There are several resources that you can use, but don't expect a response
here in the newsgroup to answer all your questions or to provide you with a
complete, ready-made script. The earlier mention of the Museum as a source
is excellent. I commanded several ships and the Boatswains Mate of the
Watch handled the 1MC except when I had word to pass. I suggest that the
Boatswain's Mate 3 Course book or the Bluejackets Manual might be an
appropriate second source, and as I recall, there is a mock bridge and
Pri-fly setup at the Air and Space Museum in which there is a looped tape
with "sounds at sea." The last thing you need is to get defensive or snotty
about it, because most of us have been-there-done-that and might be able to
help you a great deal as a validating resource when you're through..

"Gralmk" > wrote in message
> OK, so I got it backwards, but I still need the help and if there are any
> SAILORS out there who remember the lines from 1-MC, 5-MC and any AC
traffic, I
> have tried other museums and not much help. So I will have to record my
own. I
> would like to get the lines right.
>
> Again thanks for the help
>
> RAL

Larry
August 10th 03, 03:45 AM
Gralmk,
Ping me direct and I can help.

larry <at> skagitmedia <dot> com

Larry
AECS (AW/SW/MTS)
Disabled Combat Veteran
USN Retired

20 years of Navy in my rear view mirror
and getting further away every day ;-)

"Gralmk" > wrote in message
> OK, so I got it backwards, but I still need the help and if there are any
> SAILORS out there who remember the lines from 1-MC, 5-MC and any AC
traffic, I
> have tried other museums and not much help. So I will have to record my
own. I
> would like to get the lines right.
>
> Again thanks for the help
>
> RAL

Ogden Johnson III
August 10th 03, 08:33 PM
(Gralmk) wrote:

>OK, so I got it backwards, but I still need the help and if there are any
>SAILORS out there who remember the lines from 1-MC, 5-MC and any AC traffic, I
>have tried other museums and not much help. So I will have to record my own. I
>would like to get the lines right.

Now that you know the correct terminology, maybe your google searches
on "1MC calls", "1MC announcements" "Bosun's pipe", etc., will work.
There are at least a dozen sites that I've found in such searches that
have recordings of some/lots of the calls you're looking for.

OJ III

retinfla
August 10th 03, 11:35 PM
All hands forward lay aft.
All hands aft lay forward.
All hands mid-ships direct traffic.

Will the man with the key to the key locker, please lay down with same.

"Gralmk" > wrote in message
> OK, so I got it backwards, but I still need the help and if there are any
> SAILORS out there who remember the lines from 1-MC, 5-MC and any AC
traffic, I
> have tried other museums and not much help. So I will have to record my
own. I
> would like to get the lines right.
>
> Again thanks for the help
>
> RAL

Charles Lingard
August 11th 03, 01:06 AM
In article >,
spake thusly...
> All hands forward lay aft.
> All hands aft lay forward.
> All hands mid-ships direct traffic.
>
> Will the man with the key to the key locker, please lay down with same.

"All those desiring to do so, lay to the do so locker and do so."

Charles Lingard

Google