PDA

View Full Version : New strategy in fighting AL-Queda

Leadfoot
August 29th 03, 02:26 AM
Actually it's not that new. Remember in Vietnam we'd send a company out
into the jungle as bait so the NVA/VC would attack it and then we'd whack
the NVA/VC with artillery and airpower? Producing the counter-stratefy
"Grab the enemy by the belt buckle".

Well now the strategy is to put an american army into Iraq as bait and hope
Al-queda will attack

Bob McKellar
August 29th 03, 03:04 AM
Leadfoot wrote:

> Actually it's not that new. Remember in Vietnam we'd send a company out
> into the jungle as bait so the NVA/VC would attack it and then we'd whack
> the NVA/VC with artillery and airpower? Producing the counter-stratefy
> "Grab the enemy by the belt buckle".
>
> Well now the strategy is to put an american army into Iraq as bait and hope
> Al-queda will attack

This strategy would have been a real crowd pleaser if heavily publicized in the
State of the Union address.

I can see the Republicans chanting in unison, "Bait!, Bait!, Bait! - Bring 'em
On!"

Bob McKellar, who gets free mail from Tikrit and ain't too amused by the
"Flypaper strategy".

John
September 1st 03, 12:40 AM
"Leadfoot" > wrote in message
> Actually it's not that new. Remember in Vietnam we'd send a company out
> into the jungle as bait so the NVA/VC would attack it and then we'd whack
> the NVA/VC with artillery and airpower? Producing the counter-stratefy
> "Grab the enemy by the belt buckle".
>
> Well now the strategy is to put an american army into Iraq as bait and
hope
> Al-queda will attack

Google