PDA

View Full Version : Re: On the subject of callsigns - what was the most preposterous

Pechs1
August 29th 03, 02:30 PM
Doug-<< Until recently, he was the skipper at VFA-81. They had a
"mini-scandal"
when they pulled in from cruise last December, and the jet with his callsign
on it made the TV news.

The Navy in its finite wisdom did a JAG investigation to determine command
culture. [Paraphrase] How could the CO (himself) allow the command to use
such a callsign and what kind of image does that promote. >><BR><BR>

With this king of crappola starting in 1992, it was easy to retire...

I also was in VX-4 when having the Bunny on the tail was starting to ruffle
some female feathers...also had an 'admin' at Tailhook '91...

'when you are ****ed off, it is easy to quit'-
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)

John R Weiss
August 29th 03, 05:15 PM
"Pechs1" > wrote...

> I also was in VX-4 when having the Bunny on the tail was starting to ruffle
> some female feathers...also had an 'admin' at Tailhook '91...

Does that mean the Oceana O Club is doomed to closure if some congresscritter or
other malcontent finds the tailfin on display in the back bar?

Doug \Woody\ and Erin Beal
August 30th 03, 04:11 AM
On 8/29/03 11:15 AM, in article L_K3b.222947$cF.73250@rwcrnsc53, "John R
Weiss" > wrote:

> "Pechs1" > wrote...
>>
>> I also was in VX-4 when having the Bunny on the tail was starting to ruffle
>> some female feathers...also had an 'admin' at Tailhook '91...
>
> Does that mean the Oceana O Club is doomed to closure if some congresscritter
> or
> other malcontent finds the tailfin on display in the back bar?

Nah. They'll just paint a rainbow over the bunny.

--Woody

Walt BJ
August 30th 03, 06:15 PM
We had our squadron insignia over the bar in the stag section of the
Patrick AFB O'club and a graying PIO WAF Captain started ****ing and
moaning because our motto was 'we get ours at night'. Hell, the 319th
was a nightfighter squadron in Korea but she had to put her own
interpretation on it. At least someone had earlier changed the tomcat
from straddling the rocket (bright red) to throwing it. She also
mentioned that over in USAFE she had been bodily ejected from the
Landstuhl stag bar for protesting about male maleness. A genuine waste
of oxygen, time and energy on the hoof.
Walt BJ

Pechs1
August 31st 03, 02:03 PM
Walt-<< We had our squadron insignia over the bar in the stag section of the
Patrick AFB O'club and a graying PIO WAF Captain started ****ing and
moaning because our motto was 'we get ours at night'. >><BR><BR>

About time to once again ask WTF does females bring to the dinner plate of
warfare??

How does it make the military a better fighting force?

Answer is it doesn't, it costs more $, reduces our combat capability. It is
silly to trifle with our combat capability. It may get people promoted but it
also gets people killed uneccessarily.
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)

Pechs1
August 31st 03, 02:04 PM
JRweiss-<< I was there just last weekend, for the VC-8 disestablishment and A-4
retirement.
The black fin with white bunny is indeed there! >><BR><BR>

Glasd to hear it. It was always fun to take the black F-4 to airshows when I
was at VX-4..
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)

Robert Moore
August 31st 03, 02:51 PM
(Pechs1) wrote

> Answer is it doesn't, it costs more $, reduces our combat
> capability. It is silly to trifle with our combat capability. It
> may get people promoted but it also gets people killed
> uneccessarily.

With a daughter who did 16 years on active duty, I often asked
myself, "What is our navy coming to?".

Bob Moore
VP-21, VP-46

Google