PDA

View Full Version : British Royal Naval Air Service

Mike Yared
September 13th 03, 02:29 AM
British Royal Naval Air Service
On April 1, 1918, the Royal Naval Air Service was merged in the Royal
Air Force. How many Naval squadrons were there before the merger? Were any
naval pilots the recipients of the Distinguished Flying Cross (D.F.C.); the
Air Force Cross (A.F.C.) and the Air Force Medal (A.F.M.) during WWI
(1914-1918)?
Thanks
Mike

Tex Houston
September 13th 03, 02:47 AM
"Mike Yared" > wrote in message
> British Royal Naval Air Service
> On April 1, 1918, the Royal Naval Air Service was merged in the Royal
> Air Force. How many Naval squadrons were there before the merger? Were any
> naval pilots the recipients of the Distinguished Flying Cross (D.F.C.);
the
> Air Force Cross (A.F.C.) and the Air Force Medal (A.F.M.) during WWI
> (1914-1918)?
> Thanks
> Mike

Richard Bell-Davies, Bulgaria, 1915.

Inputting "Royal Naval Air Service" into Google returned 4,640 entries and
took 0.14 seconds. Google is your friend.

Tex Houston

Tex Houston
September 13th 03, 02:49 AM
"Mike Yared" > wrote in message
> British Royal Naval Air Service
> On April 1, 1918, the Royal Naval Air Service was merged in the Royal
> Air Force. How many Naval squadrons were there before the merger? Were any
> naval pilots the recipients of the Distinguished Flying Cross (D.F.C.);
the
> Air Force Cross (A.F.C.) and the Air Force Medal (A.F.M.) during WWI
> (1914-1918)?
> Thanks
> Mike

Damn, I gave you the Victoria Cross entry...sorry.
Tex

Steven P. McNicoll
September 13th 03, 04:50 AM
"Mike Yared" > wrote in message

> British Royal Naval Air Service
> On April 1, 1918, the Royal Naval Air Service was merged in the Royal
> Air Force.

That's not quite correct. The Royal Naval Air Service and the Royal Flying
Corps were separated from the Royal Navy and British Army and merged to form
the independent Royal Air Force.

Google