PDA

View Full Version : PBM

Elmshoot
November 27th 03, 05:12 PM
I am building a flying 1/12 scale Martin PBM flying boat. Any idea what color
the cockpit interior was?
Sparky

Jack & Bev Biagini
December 1st 03, 02:10 AM
"Elmshoot" > wrote in message
> I am building a flying 1/12 scale Martin PBM flying boat. Any idea what
color
> the cockpit interior was?
> Sparky

Sparky

As far as my old brain cells can remember, the instrument panel was flat
black, brown leather seats, and most of the rest was "zinc chromate" (a
yellow green).

Jack

Jdf4cheval
December 2nd 03, 03:28 AM
Make that a very bight yellow green. Would have been very popular on
underpowered VW vans in San Francisco in the late '60s.

<< As far as my old brain cells can remember, the instrument panel was flat
black, brown leather seats, and most of the rest was "zinc chromate" (a
yellow green).

Jack >>

Elmshoot
December 2nd 03, 06:11 AM
Jack,
We are building 2 of them worked on it tonight. Don't kneow if you are into
models but this one will be big and we are really excited about our first
flight.
What color was the exterior? We are looking for something other that the dark
blue. They are hard to see and keep orientation when flying from a remote
position.
What squadron did you fly them in?
Sparky

Google