PDA

View Full Version : JSF Tanker?

Henry J. Cobb
December 5th 03, 04:30 AM
Can the Navy version of the JSF be configured as a tanker?

Say replace the gun pod with a drogue pod and then load up either the
bomb bay or the wing hardpoints with fuel tanks until you hit 50,000
pounds.

Is this being considered?

How much fuel would this provide?

And would it carry more fuel than the Super Hornet tanker?

-HJC

Dudhorse
December 7th 03, 09:49 AM
"Henry J. Cobb" > wrote in message
om...
> Can the Navy version of the JSF be configured as a tanker?
>
> Say replace the gun pod with a drogue pod and then load up either the
> bomb bay or the wing hardpoints with fuel tanks until you hit 50,000
> pounds.
>
> Is this being considered?
>
> How much fuel would this provide?
>
> And would it carry more fuel than the Super Hornet tanker?
>
> -HJC

.... I would think a project like that would have a very low priority at
least for now.

Google