PDA

View Full Version : USS Geo Washington COMPTUEX continues offshore Florida

AllanStern
December 11th 03, 01:19 AM
It looks like it will be another very busy day with COMPTUEX action. I am
hearing:
BLUETAIL 40 (E-2C),
BLUETAIL 41 (E-2C),
[WILD]CAT (F/A-18s),
RIPPER (F-14s),
SCOUT (S-3Bs),
DOG (F-14s),
HAWK (F/A-18s),
LONGHORN 27 (S-3B?)
and COUGARs are among those working here already.
The tanker is a RHET KC-135R from Warner-Robins AFB (19ARG). There is
another KC-135R in the area (BACKY 32 from Seymour Johnson AFB), but I have not
heard him involved in the COMPTUEX today.
The usual COMPTUEX freqs have all been busy including:
235.75, 267.5, 276.3, 288.0, 357.0, 369.6, 380.8.
Some acft are dropping LGTRs at the range, but others are cancelling drops
due to wx.
If all of this was not enough this morning, P-3s are flying in what sounds
like unrelated flights, NASA birds are arriving at the Shuttle Landing
Facility, US State Dept acft are in the pattern here at Patrick AFB, and USCG
acft just dropped some flares offshore Cape Canaveral for training. Great comms
today.

AL STERN Satellite Beach FL (28-11N 80-36W) monitoring
 Patrick AFB (KCOF)  NASA-KSC Shuttle Landing Facility (KX68)
 Avon Park Bombing Range (KAGR)  Cape Canaveral Air Force Station (KXMR)
 JSTARS E-8 Acft Integration Facility, Melbourne IAP (KMLB)
 Worldwide Military HF Communications
 Life Member: Missile, Space and Range Pioneers.
 http://hometown.aol.com/allanstern/myhomepage/index.html (My Freqs)
 http://hometown.aol.com/scanaddict/index.html (My Equipment)

Google