PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Navy Aircraft Photos

Harriet and John
December 21st 03, 10:04 PM
We need to locate photos of three vintage Navy aircraft - the PB-1W with the
topside radome, the P2B-1S (not just a B-29 and not the launch version), and
a radome configured PO-1W ( not an EC-121). We've shaken the web to
exhaustion and Ray Wagner hasn't helped so we're starting into print pubs.
We're getting into a 1951 Jane's tomorrow which should produce pay dirt but
we wonder if anyone has a public domain shot of any or them that could be
shared or knows of a book or pub that would be reasonably available from
which we could copy a photo or two.

Harriet and John
December 23rd 03, 12:46 AM
Us again. We've located good shots of the PO-1W, and several of the PB-1W
with the APS-20 Radome beneath the fuselage. We need a shot of Buno. 77234
with the APS-20 mounted atop the fuselage aft of the canopy.

The second problem is that all of the P2B-1S photos we can find are of Buno
84029, the D588 launch aircraft, which was loaned to NASA by the Navy for
the Dryden program. Anyone know where there might be a shot of 84028, 84030
or 84031, the other three B29s that the Navy had in the fifties?

"Harriet and John" > wrote in message
> We need to locate photos of three vintage Navy aircraft - the PB-1W with
the
> topside radome, the P2B-1S (not just a B-29 and not the launch version),
and
> a radome configured PO-1W ( not an EC-121). We've shaken the web to
> exhaustion and Ray Wagner hasn't helped so we're starting into print pubs.
> We're getting into a 1951 Jane's tomorrow which should produce pay dirt
but
> we wonder if anyone has a public domain shot of any or them that could be
> shared or knows of a book or pub that would be reasonably available from
> which we could copy a photo or two.

John Keeney
December 23rd 03, 09:01 AM
"Harriet and John" > wrote in message
> Us again. We've located good shots of the PO-1W, and several of the PB-1W
> with the APS-20 Radome beneath the fuselage. We need a shot of Buno.
77234
> with the APS-20 mounted atop the fuselage aft of the canopy.
>
> The second problem is that all of the P2B-1S photos we can find are of
Buno
> 84029, the D588 launch aircraft, which was loaned to NASA by the Navy for
> the Dryden program. Anyone know where there might be a shot of 84028,
84030
> or 84031, the other three B29s that the Navy had in the fifties?

Might one of those be the "B-29" that was recovered from the China Lake
range a couple of years ago for restoration?
No guaranties, but worth checking.

> "Harriet and John" > wrote in message
> > We need to locate photos of three vintage Navy aircraft - the PB-1W with
> the
> > topside radome, the P2B-1S (not just a B-29 and not the launch version),
> and
> > a radome configured PO-1W ( not an EC-121). We've shaken the web to
> > exhaustion and Ray Wagner hasn't helped so we're starting into print
pubs.
> > We're getting into a 1951 Jane's tomorrow which should produce pay dirt
> but
> > we wonder if anyone has a public domain shot of any or them that could
be
> > shared or knows of a book or pub that would be reasonably available from
> > which we could copy a photo or two.

John Fitzpatrick
December 23rd 03, 11:47 AM
Have you checked out www.vpnavy.com ?

John

"Harriet and John" > wrote in message
> Us again. We've located good shots of the PO-1W, and several of the PB-1W
> with the APS-20 Radome beneath the fuselage. We need a shot of Buno.
77234
> with the APS-20 mounted atop the fuselage aft of the canopy.
>
> The second problem is that all of the P2B-1S photos we can find are of
Buno
> 84029, the D588 launch aircraft, which was loaned to NASA by the Navy for
> the Dryden program. Anyone know where there might be a shot of 84028,
84030
> or 84031, the other three B29s that the Navy had in the fifties?
>

> "Harriet and John" > wrote in message
> > We need to locate photos of three vintage Navy aircraft - the PB-1W with
> the
> > topside radome, the P2B-1S (not just a B-29 and not the launch version),
> and
> > a radome configured PO-1W ( not an EC-121). We've shaken the web to
> > exhaustion and Ray Wagner hasn't helped so we're starting into print
pubs.
> > We're getting into a 1951 Jane's tomorrow which should produce pay dirt
> but
> > we wonder if anyone has a public domain shot of any or them that could
be
> > shared or knows of a book or pub that would be reasonably available from
> > which we could copy a photo or two.

Google