PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Anyone there?

December 29th 03, 07:12 AM
Is anyone other Pechs1, OJ III, Jim Stroud, and Tex still posting to the
newsgroup? Maybe I have "kill-filled" too many people. Naw, they all
deserved it.

Man this is really a nice quite newsgroup now with out all the BS and
X-postings. As for you four, who's post I can still see, you better be
careful<grin>, I'm watching you.

Red Rider

John Miller
December 29th 03, 01:00 PM
J wrote:
> Is anyone other Pechs1, OJ III, Jim Stroud, and Tex still posting to the
> newsgroup? Maybe I have "kill-filled" too many people. Naw, they all
> deserved it.

> Man this is really a nice quite newsgroup now with out all the BS and
> X-postings.

Howdy. You're right, but it's also just part of the normal ebb and flow of
Usenet. There's no one in my killfile, and it's quiet here, too.

Almost any newsgroup you can name will have an occasional "flare-up" caused
by cross-posted trolling. Longer term, the "problem children" seem to drop
out of any group where their behavior is not rewarded by engaging them.
--
John Miller

My email address: domain, n4vu.com; username, jsm

People in general do not willingly read if they have anything else to
amuse them.
-S. Johnson

John Miller
December 29th 03, 01:10 PM
John Miller wrote:
> Almost any newsgroup you can name will have an occasional "flare-up"
> caused
> by cross-posted trolling. Longer term, the "problem children" seem to
> drop out of any group where their behavior is not rewarded by engaging
> them.

Whoops. Seems like there's some cross-posted trolling going on right now.
Ah, well, with a threaded newsreader, it's easy enough just not to open
that thread.
--
John Miller
My email address: domain, n4vu.com; username, jsm

Don't go surfing in South Dakota for a while.

Pechs1
December 31st 03, 02:51 PM
RED-<< Man this is really a nice quite newsgroup now with out all the BS and
X-postings. As for you four, who's post I can still see, you better be
careful<grin>, I'm watching you. >><BR><BR>

Happy Holidays to you-

Grinning back at ya.
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)

WaltBJ
December 31st 03, 07:59 PM
(Pechs1) wrote in message >...
> RED-<< Man this is really a nice quite newsgroup now with out all the BS and
> X-postings. As for you four, who's post I can still see, you better be
> careful<grin>, I'm watching you. >><BR><BR>
>
> Happy Holidays to you-
>
> Grinning back at ya.
> P. C. Chisholm
> CDR, USN(ret.)
> Old Phart Phormer Phantom, Turkey, Viper, Scooter and Combat Buckeye Phlyer

Whoa, PC, Gordo and I are still around.

Walt BJ

Doug \Woody\ and Erin Beal
December 31st 03, 11:39 PM
On 12/31/03 1:59 PM, in article
, "WaltBJ"
> wrote:

> (Pechs1) wrote in message
>> RED-<< Man this is really a nice quite newsgroup now with out all the BS and
>> X-postings. As for you four, who's post I can still see, you better be
>> careful<grin>, I'm watching you. >><BR><BR>
>>
>> Happy Holidays to you-
>>
>> Grinning back at ya.
>> P. C. Chisholm
>> CDR, USN(ret.)
>> Old Phart Phormer Phantom, Turkey, Viper, Scooter and Combat Buckeye Phlyer
>

> Whoa, PC, Gordo and I are still around.
>
> Walt BJ

I'm still here too. Although my kill file isn't NEARLY large enough. I
keep reading junk between two dudes arguing over some guy's army service.

--Woody

Leanne
December 31st 03, 11:45 PM
"Doug "Woody" and Erin Beal" > wrote in
message ...

> I'm still here too. Although my kill file isn't NEARLY large
enough. I
> keep reading junk between two dudes arguing over some guy's
army service.

> --Woody

As I scroll down the messages, anything that is crossposted goes
to the great bit bucket in the sky.

Leanne

Bill Kambic
January 1st 04, 03:06 AM
"Leanne" wrote in message

> > keep reading junk between two dudes arguing over some guy's
> army service.
> >
> > --Woody

I guess they never heard of "snipping for brevity", eh?<g>

> As I scroll down the messages, anything that is crossposted goes
> to the great bit bucket in the sky.

Ayup.

I hope all had a Merry Christmas and will have a Happy and Prosperous New
Year!

Bill Kambic

Retired Stoof Puke

If, by any act, error, or omission, I have, intentionally or
unintentionally, displayed any breedist, disciplinist, sexist, racist,
culturalist, nationalist, regionalist, localist, ageist, lookist, ableist,
sizeist, speciesist, intellectualist, socioeconomicist, ethnocentrist,
phallocentrist, heteropatriarchalist, or other violation of the rules of
political correctness, known or unknown, I am not sorry and I encourage you
to get over it.

Google