PDA

View Full Version : VS-23

dave
January 10th 04, 10:57 PM
Seeking a source for the disestablishment of VS-23.

--
Dave
-=(AC)=-

Mike Weeks
January 11th 04, 06:18 AM
>Date: 1/10/2004 14:57 Pacific Standard Time
>Seeking a source for the disestablishment of VS-23.

You mean something which officially states VS-23 was disestablished 01 OCT
1968?

MW
-------------------------------------
"As soon as movement begins, so does the fog of war" - Edward N. Luttwak

dave
January 11th 04, 04:13 PM
Not something official, thanks, that is what we were looking for.

--
Dave
-=(AC)=-
CPO USN Ret.
Correct e-mail addy is whidbeydave at earthlink dot net
<<snip>>
> You mean something which officially states VS-23 was disestablished 01 OCT
> 1968?
>
> MW
> -------------------------------------
> "As soon as movement begins, so does the fog of war" - Edward N. Luttwak

Mark Test
January 11th 04, 04:17 PM
Shipmate, you may already have this site bookmarked:
http://www.cv10.com/vs23/

Looked fairly decent site set up for old shipmates.

Mark
SCPO USN
--
"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to
visit violence on those who would harm us."
"dave" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> Seeking a source for the disestablishment of VS-23.
>
> --
> Dave
> -=(AC)=-
> CPO USN Ret.
> Correct e-mail addy is whidbeydave at earthlink dot net

Mike Weeks
January 11th 04, 09:20 PM
>From: "dave"
>Date: 1/11/2004 08:13 Pacific Standard Time

That's good, 'cause for those late 60s cutbacks, actual (meaning *published*)
dates aren't readily available. <g>

The best for VS-23 was NavAir News, Oct. 1968, pg. 3 issue.

>Not something official, thanks, that is what we were looking for.
>
>--
>Dave
>-=(AC)=-
>CPO USN Ret.
>Correct e-mail addy is whidbeydave at earthlink dot net
><<snip>>
>> You mean something which officially states VS-23 was disestablished 01 OCT
>> 1968?

MW

Google