PDA

View Full Version : Please help me find

Bill Douglas
January 14th 04, 05:22 PM
Hello all, I am looking for anything in regards to Tom Wagner
stationed at NAS Barbers Point around 1972. I don't now where to start
looking since the base has been closed. Any assistance and or ideas
will be greatly appreciated.
Bill Douglas

Krztalizer
January 14th 04, 06:33 PM
>Hello all, I am looking for anything in regards to Tom Wagner
>stationed at NAS Barbers Point around 1972. I don't now where to start
>looking since the base has been closed. Any assistance and or ideas
>will be greatly appreciated.
>Bill Douglas

OK, Bill - first things first: lay the foundation. What was Tom there for?
In a squadron or attached to the station (most squadrons, even DECOMM, have
websites these days as a good resource to begin asking for direct help from
guys likely to be in a position to help)? What was his specialty at the time?
Sometimes, ratings or associations have their own websites as well. If Wagner
was an officer, you can check various o-type organizations, again, all located
online these days. How old was he and where was he from? Right now, these are
the three details we have to help you:

Who Where When
T.Wagner Barbers ~1972

try to add to it - do you have any photos of him? Any clue what type of
aircraft he worked on (that would help us locate a former squadron, then
perhaps former shipmates, etc.).

v/r
Gordon

Charlie Wolf
January 14th 04, 07:03 PM
On 14 Jan 2004 18:33:54 GMT, (Krztalizer) wrote:

>>Hello all, I am looking for anything in regards to Tom Wagner
>>stationed at NAS Barbers Point around 1972. I don't now where to start
>>looking since the base has been closed. Any assistance and or ideas
>>will be greatly appreciated.
>>Bill Douglas
>
>OK, Bill - first things first: lay the foundation. What was Tom there for?
>In a squadron or attached to the station (most squadrons, even DECOMM, have
>websites these days as a good resource to begin asking for direct help from
>guys likely to be in a position to help)? What was his specialty at the time?
>Sometimes, ratings or associations have their own websites as well. If Wagner
>was an officer, you can check various o-type organizations, again, all located
>online these days.
Well, frankly - if Tom were enlisted, the same statement is true...
Regards,

> How old was he and where was he from? Right now, these are
>the three details we have to help you:
>
>Who Where When
>T.Wagner Barbers ~1972
>
>try to add to it - do you have any photos of him? Any clue what type of
>aircraft he worked on (that would help us locate a former squadron, then
>perhaps former shipmates, etc.).
>
>v/r
>Gordon

Matt
January 14th 04, 10:49 PM
(Bill Douglas) wrote in message >...
> Hello all, I am looking for anything in regards to Tom Wagner
> stationed at NAS Barbers Point around 1972. I don't now where to start
> looking since the base has been closed. Any assistance and or ideas
> will be greatly appreciated.
> Bill Douglas

It's kind of a long shot, but classmates.com also has registries for
military service. You can specify the years you were with a given
unit and/or at a base. He might turn up.

Google