PDA

View Full Version : Fred House, A-6 B/N Passes away

Elmshoot
January 26th 04, 04:16 AM
For those of you who were West coast Intruders here is some sad news.

Fred House died last week of a Heart Attack. He was a VA-52 B/N during the
Vietnam era. One of the first to actualy make home movies from the plane in
flight, he made one of the first Videos of the exploits of the mighty Intruder.
After the war he started a photo studio in Oak Harbor and was an all around
fixture in the Whidbey community. I am proud to call him a friend.
He was instrumental in putting together the A-6 static display at the Seattle
museum of flight. The A-6 was painted like the plane that was lost by VA-52 on
a single plane mission during the Vietnam deployment that Fred was on . The
wreckage and Aviators bodies were only recently recovered. Having lost friends
on deployment I understand the strong feelings that Fred had to recognise his
fallen shipmates as well as remind all of the sacrafice the Intruder crews have
made throughout its history.
Sparky

Friends of Fred:

The following plans are set for Fred House's funeral services:

Viewing will be Monday the 26th from 3:00 -7:00 pm

Evan's Funeral Chapel

1105 32nd Street

Anacortes, WA.

The funeral service will be Tuesday the 27th at the NAS Whidbey Island Chapel
at 11:00 am. The service will include military honors and eulogies by Captain
(ret) Greg Wood, Captain (ret)/CAG Jim McKenzie and myself. Graveside services
will follow immediately (approximately 1:00 pm) at the St. Mary's Catholic
Church cemetery in Anacortes (maps will be provided at the Whidbey Chapel).

Annabelle and their children Andrew, a paramedic in Ellensburg; Allison, a
student at the University of Hawaii; Phillip, completing his PHD in Ireland and
Sherman, a student at Washington State University, Spokane will be attending.

A scholarship fund has been established for the children:

House Children's College Fund

c/o Whidbey Island Bank, 2202 Commercial Ave

Anacortes, WA., 98221.

Annabelle's address:

2215 22nd Street

Anacortes, WA., 98221

A flower shop in Oak Harbor:

Midway Florist

91 NE Midway

Oak Harbor, WA., 98277

Phone # 360-679-2525

God Bless Fred, Annabelle and their family.

C.D.Damron
January 26th 04, 04:52 AM
I don't think there was a Whidbey A-6 or EA-6B pilot or NFO that didn't have
a Fred House photo on their wall.

Fred House helped me learn how to build RC planes and I recall his great
"home movies".

Godspeed, Fred

"Elmshoot" > wrote in message
> For those of you who were West coast Intruders here is some sad news.
>
> Fred House died last week of a Heart Attack. He was a VA-52 B/N during the
> Vietnam era. One of the first to actualy make home movies from the plane
in
> flight, he made one of the first Videos of the exploits of the mighty
Intruder.
> After the war he started a photo studio in Oak Harbor and was an all
around
> fixture in the Whidbey community. I am proud to call him a friend.
> He was instrumental in putting together the A-6 static display at the
Seattle
> museum of flight. The A-6 was painted like the plane that was lost by
VA-52 on
> a single plane mission during the Vietnam deployment that Fred was on .
The
> wreckage and Aviators bodies were only recently recovered. Having lost
friends
> on deployment I understand the strong feelings that Fred had to recognise
his
> fallen shipmates as well as remind all of the sacrafice the Intruder crews
have
> made throughout its history.
> Sparky
>
> Friends of Fred:
>

> The following plans are set for Fred House's funeral services:
>

> Viewing will be Monday the 26th from 3:00 -7:00 pm
>
> Evan's Funeral Chapel
>
> 1105 32nd Street
>
> Anacortes, WA.
>

> The funeral service will be Tuesday the 27th at the NAS Whidbey Island
Chapel
> at 11:00 am. The service will include military honors and eulogies by
Captain
> (ret) Greg Wood, Captain (ret)/CAG Jim McKenzie and myself. Graveside
services
> will follow immediately (approximately 1:00 pm) at the St. Mary's Catholic
> Church cemetery in Anacortes (maps will be provided at the Whidbey
Chapel).

> Annabelle and their children Andrew, a paramedic in Ellensburg; Allison, a
> student at the University of Hawaii; Phillip, completing his PHD in
Ireland and
> Sherman, a student at Washington State University, Spokane will be
attending.

> A scholarship fund has been established for the children:
>
> House Children's College Fund
>
> c/o Whidbey Island Bank, 2202 Commercial Ave
>
> Anacortes, WA., 98221.
>

> Annabelle's address:
>
> 2215 22nd Street
>
> Anacortes, WA., 98221
>

> A flower shop in Oak Harbor:
>
> Midway Florist
>
> 91 NE Midway
>
> Oak Harbor, WA., 98277
>
> Phone # 360-679-2525
>

> God Bless Fred, Annabelle and their family.

Mike Kanze
January 27th 04, 01:19 AM
Unfortunately I never had the pleasure of meeting Fred during my short
tenure in A-6s. Instead I (and many others, I suspect) knew him entirely by
the extensive and very good reputation that Sparky relates in his post,
especially his efforts to keep the A-6 community together post-Intruder
retirement.

This is how I will remember him, and it's a very good memory.

--
Mike Kanze

"I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch
where it itches."

- Alice Roosevelt Longworth (and the dog next door, too)

"Elmshoot" > wrote in message
> For those of you who were West coast Intruders here is some sad news.
>
> Fred House died last week of a Heart Attack. He was a VA-52 B/N during the
> Vietnam era. One of the first to actualy make home movies from the plane
in
> flight, he made one of the first Videos of the exploits of the mighty
Intruder.
> After the war he started a photo studio in Oak Harbor and was an all
around
> fixture in the Whidbey community. I am proud to call him a friend.
> He was instrumental in putting together the A-6 static display at the
Seattle
> museum of flight. The A-6 was painted like the plane that was lost by
VA-52 on
> a single plane mission during the Vietnam deployment that Fred was on .
The
> wreckage and Aviators bodies were only recently recovered. Having lost
friends
> on deployment I understand the strong feelings that Fred had to recognise
his
> fallen shipmates as well as remind all of the sacrafice the Intruder crews
have
> made throughout its history.
> Sparky
>
> Friends of Fred:
>

> The following plans are set for Fred House's funeral services:
>

> Viewing will be Monday the 26th from 3:00 -7:00 pm
>
> Evan's Funeral Chapel
>
> 1105 32nd Street
>
> Anacortes, WA.
>

> The funeral service will be Tuesday the 27th at the NAS Whidbey Island
Chapel
> at 11:00 am. The service will include military honors and eulogies by
Captain
> (ret) Greg Wood, Captain (ret)/CAG Jim McKenzie and myself. Graveside
services
> will follow immediately (approximately 1:00 pm) at the St. Mary's Catholic
> Church cemetery in Anacortes (maps will be provided at the Whidbey
Chapel).

> Annabelle and their children Andrew, a paramedic in Ellensburg; Allison, a
> student at the University of Hawaii; Phillip, completing his PHD in
Ireland and
> Sherman, a student at Washington State University, Spokane will be
attending.

> A scholarship fund has been established for the children:
>
> House Children's College Fund
>
> c/o Whidbey Island Bank, 2202 Commercial Ave
>
> Anacortes, WA., 98221.
>

> Annabelle's address:
>
> 2215 22nd Street
>
> Anacortes, WA., 98221
>

> A flower shop in Oak Harbor:
>
> Midway Florist
>
> 91 NE Midway
>
> Oak Harbor, WA., 98277
>
> Phone # 360-679-2525
>

> God Bless Fred, Annabelle and their family.

Yofuri
January 27th 04, 03:48 AM
We can enjoy one of Fred's best-known photos at the bottom of the page:

http://www.intruderassociation.org/Pages/squadrons/va128.htm

Rick
--
My real e-mail address is:

"Mike Kanze" > wrote in message
> Unfortunately I never had the pleasure of meeting Fred during my short
> tenure in A-6s. Instead I (and many others, I suspect) knew him entirely
by
> the extensive and very good reputation that Sparky relates in his post,
> especially his efforts to keep the A-6 community together post-Intruder
> retirement.
>
> This is how I will remember him, and it's a very good memory.
>
> --
> Mike Kanze
>
> "I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch
> where it itches."
>
> - Alice Roosevelt Longworth (and the dog next door, too)

<snip>

Google