PDA

View Full Version : Lapland Aircraft are best

Mycroft
January 27th 04, 08:25 AM
Yes the MK1 Raindeer with a service ceiling of 3ft & a max cruising speed of
aprox 15 knots is the best of it's type in the world. LOL!

Myc

Peter Twydell
January 27th 04, 08:30 AM
In article >, Mycroft
> writes
>Yes the MK1 Raindeer with a service ceiling of 3ft & a max cruising speed of
>aprox 15 knots is the best of it's type in the world. LOL!
>
>Myc

But it needs special fuel and the emissions are disgusting.

ISTR there was a special model with an anti-collision beacon in the
nose.
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!

tadaa
January 27th 04, 04:35 PM
> >Yes the MK1 Raindeer with a service ceiling of 3ft & a max cruising speed
of
> >aprox 15 knots is the best of it's type in the world. LOL!
> >
> >Myc
> >

> But it needs special fuel and the emissions are disgusting.
>
> ISTR there was a special model with an anti-collision beacon in the
> nose.

I tought it was IFF transponder.

Mycroft
January 27th 04, 07:05 PM
Do not forget the advanced ambidextrous control yoke and the artic landing
gear.

Myc

"tadaa" > wrote in message ...
> > >Yes the MK1 Raindeer with a service ceiling of 3ft & a max cruising
speed
> of
> > >aprox 15 knots is the best of it's type in the world. LOL!
> > >
> > >Myc
> > >

> > But it needs special fuel and the emissions are disgusting.
> >
> > ISTR there was a special model with an anti-collision beacon in the
> > nose.
>
> I tought it was IFF transponder.

M. J. Powell
January 27th 04, 07:24 PM
In message >, tadaa > writes
>> >Yes the MK1 Raindeer with a service ceiling of 3ft & a max cruising speed
>of
>> >aprox 15 knots is the best of it's type in the world. LOL!
>> >
>> >Myc
>> >

>> But it needs special fuel and the emissions are disgusting.
>>
>> ISTR there was a special model with an anti-collision beacon in the
>> nose.
>
>I tought it was IFF transponder.

No. The Mk I Reindeer was designed as a stealth machine.

Mike
--
M.J.Powell

KenG
January 28th 04, 02:42 AM
I think that Model was referred to as "PathFinder"

Peter Twydell wrote:
> In article >, Mycroft
> > writes
>
>>Yes the MK1 Raindeer with a service ceiling of 3ft & a max cruising speed of
>>aprox 15 knots is the best of it's type in the world. LOL!
>>
>>Myc
>>

> But it needs special fuel and the emissions are disgusting.
>
> ISTR there was a special model with an anti-collision beacon in the
> nose.

David Windhorst
January 28th 04, 03:29 AM
Peter Twydell wrote:

>In article >, Mycroft
> writes
>

>>Yes the MK1 Raindeer with a service ceiling of 3ft & a max cruising speed of
>>aprox 15 knots is the best of it's type in the world. LOL!
>>
>>Myc

Isn't the the FLIR model?

Google