PDA

View Full Version : A record day for P-3Cs !!

AllanStern
February 12th 04, 10:59 PM
I logged more P-3s today than I have ever before. I began hearing them
before 8 am EST this morning, and I am still hearing them now.
At one point there were about four or five of them in the pattern at
Patrick AFB AT THE SAME TIME, while a Cherry Point MCAS C-130T and Charleston
C-17 was there too; it was madness. LF 566 brought parts into Patrick for a
P-3 that was broken on the ground.

MADFOX 09 - Jax VP-5
LIMA ALPHA 051 - VP-5
LIMA NOVEMBER 451 - JAX VP-45
LIMA LIMA 21 - Jax VP-30
LIMA LIMA 23 - JAx VP-30
MADFOX 10 - Jax VP-5
LIMA LIMA 99 - Jax VP-30
LIMA FOXTROT 566 - Jax VP-16
LIMA LIMA 81 - Jax VP-30
LIMA NOVEMBER 456 - Jax VP-45
LIMA NOVEMBER 453 - Jax VP-45
LIMA FOXTROT 25 - Jax VP-16

AL STERN Satellite Beach FL (28-11N 80-36W) monitoring
 Patrick AFB (KCOF)  NASA-KSC Shuttle Landing Facility (KX68)
 Avon Park Bombing Range (KAGR)  Cape Canaveral Air Force Station (KXMR)
 JSTARS E-8 Acft Integration Facility, Melbourne IAP (KMLB)
 Worldwide Military HF Communications
 Life Member: Missile, Space and Range Pioneers.
 http://hometown.aol.com/allanstern/myhomepage/index.html (My Freqs)
 http://hometown.aol.com/scanaddict/index.html (My Equipment)

nafod40
February 12th 04, 11:05 PM
AllanStern wrote:
> I logged more P-3s today than I have ever before. I began hearing them
> before 8 am EST this morning, and I am still hearing them now.
> At one point there were about four or five of them in the pattern at
> Patrick AFB AT THE SAME TIME

Where's the Patriot battery when you need it? :-)

Pechs1
February 13th 04, 02:29 PM
<< I logged more P-3s today than I have ever before.

They lost?

Looking for a mission?
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)

Charlie Wolf
February 13th 04, 03:12 PM
Hmmmm - I saw a news item in the last couple of days about 15 ships in
an al Queda Navy. I wonder if these two are connected...
Regards,

On 12 Feb 2004 22:59:46 GMT, (AllanStern) wrote:

> I logged more P-3s today than I have ever before. I began hearing them
>before 8 am EST this morning, and I am still hearing them now.
> At one point there were about four or five of them in the pattern at
>Patrick AFB AT THE SAME TIME, while a Cherry Point MCAS C-130T and Charleston
>C-17 was there too; it was madness. LF 566 brought parts into Patrick for a
>P-3 that was broken on the ground.
>
>MADFOX 09 - Jax VP-5
>LIMA ALPHA 051 - VP-5
>LIMA NOVEMBER 451 - JAX VP-45
>LIMA LIMA 21 - Jax VP-30
>LIMA LIMA 23 - JAx VP-30
>MADFOX 10 - Jax VP-5
>LIMA LIMA 99 - Jax VP-30
>LIMA FOXTROT 566 - Jax VP-16
>LIMA LIMA 81 - Jax VP-30
>LIMA NOVEMBER 456 - Jax VP-45
>LIMA NOVEMBER 453 - Jax VP-45
>LIMA FOXTROT 25 - Jax VP-16
>
>AL STERN Satellite Beach FL (28-11N 80-36W) monitoring
> Patrick AFB (KCOF)  NASA-KSC Shuttle Landing Facility (KX68)
> Avon Park Bombing Range (KAGR)  Cape Canaveral Air Force Station (KXMR)
> JSTARS E-8 Acft Integration Facility, Melbourne IAP (KMLB)
> Worldwide Military HF Communications
> Life Member: Missile, Space and Range Pioneers.
> http://hometown.aol.com/allanstern/myhomepage/index.html (My Freqs)
> http://hometown.aol.com/scanaddict/index.html (My Equipment)

February 14th 04, 09:57 AM
Pechs1 wrote:

> << I logged more P-3s today than I have ever before.
>
> They lost?
>
> Looking for a mission?
> P. C. Chisholm
> CDR, USN(ret.)
> Old Phart Phormer Phantom, Turkey, Viper, Scooter and Combat Buckeye Phlyer

--Nah. Just out of per diem.....

Google