PDA

View Full Version : Tailhook blueprints

April 14th 04, 07:15 PM
Does nayone know where I can find on the net close-up drawings,
blueprints or such of any tailhook? Thank you.

Larry
April 16th 04, 01:35 AM
"dano" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> ) wrote:
>
> > Does nayone know where I can find on the net close-up drawings,
> > blueprints or such of any tailhook? Thank you.
>
> <http://tinyurl.com/2owql>

I was hoping to pics from the last *decent* Tailhook (as taken through night
vision goggles).

Larry

Mike Kanze
April 16th 04, 03:18 AM
Larry,

>I was hoping to pics from the last *decent* Tailhook (as taken through
night vision goggles).

Top ten reasons why it's highly unlikely such will ever be available:

10. Very few night passes are actively observed, much less graded.
9. Who really wants to be known as the "yo-yo tanker"?
8. The NUGGET's PLAT tapes have awful resolution.
7. High embarrassment factors for cold cats, hook skips, bolters and "right
for line-up" calls.
6. Can't blame the burble for a botched trap.
5. Age does NOT improve the "look around the boat" of many low Rocket
numbers.
4. Night plugs can get really sloppy.
3. "Manning the spare" has absolutely NO positive cachet.
2. Double-cycling reduces - rather than improves - performance.

and the No. 1 reason:

Do you really want to call it a "greenie board"?

--
Mike Kanze

"The enemy should be in no doubt that we are his Nemesis and that we are
bringing about his rightful destruction."

- Lieutenant-Colonel Tim Collins, Royal Irish Battle Group, to his troops on
the eve of Operation Iraqi Freedom

"Larry" > wrote in message

> "dano" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > ) wrote:
> >
> > > Does nayone know where I can find on the net close-up drawings,
> > > blueprints or such of any tailhook? Thank you.
> >
> > <http://tinyurl.com/2owql>
>
> I was hoping to pics from the last *decent* Tailhook (as taken through
night
> vision goggles).
>
> Larry

Google