PDA

View Full Version : Chauncy Mitchel early COC

Elmshoot
May 6th 04, 02:45 AM
Chauncy Mitchell (Prowler ECMO) the Trawing Comodore in Pensacola has been
relieved of command about 10 days prior to his scheduled COC any more info? I
understand that it was a fraternization issue.
Sparky

Diamond Jim
May 6th 04, 12:48 PM
"Elmshoot" > wrote in message
> Chauncy Mitchell (Prowler ECMO) the Trawing Comodore in Pensacola has been
> relieved of command about 10 days prior to his scheduled COC any more
info? I
> understand that it was a fraternization issue.
> Sparky

That's the scuttlebutt.
--
Diamond Jim
"The Old Devil Dog"

Ogden Johnson III
May 6th 04, 09:53 PM
"Diamond Jim" > wrote:

>"Elmshoot" > wrote

>>Chauncy Mitchell (Prowler ECMO) the Trawing Comodore in Pensacola has been
>>relieved of command about 10 days prior to his scheduled COC any more info? I
>> understand that it was a fraternization issue.

>That's the scuttlebutt.

Without accepting the scuttlebut/intending to malign the
individual in question, the topic brings up a general question.
What is it about that fourth stripe/eagles or flag rank
braid/stars that instills the notion "Now I've made it, nobody
will notice if I quietly [do something they've been told since JO
days is a big no-no]."?

Seems like there's been a lot of that going around lately.
--
OJ III
[Email sent to Yahoo address is burned before reading.

John Miller
May 6th 04, 11:50 PM
Ogden Johnson III wrote:
> Without accepting the scuttlebut/intending to malign the
> individual in question, the topic brings up a general question.
> What is it about that fourth stripe/eagles or flag rank
> braid/stars that instills the notion "Now I've made it, nobody
> will notice if I quietly [do something they've been told since JO
> days is a big no-no]."?
>
> Seems like there's been a lot of that going around lately.

Could be the fourth stripe and up, but could also be just a case of the
plain ol' middle-age crazies.

--
John Miller
Pensacola '68-'75

Some people carve careers, others chisel them.

Doug \Woody\ and Erin Beal
May 8th 04, 01:19 AM
On 5/6/04 3:53 PM, in article ,
"Ogden Johnson III" > wrote:

> "Diamond Jim" > wrote:
>
>> "Elmshoot" > wrote
>
>>> Chauncy Mitchell (Prowler ECMO) the Trawing Comodore in Pensacola has been
>>> relieved of command about 10 days prior to his scheduled COC any more info?
>>> understand that it was a fraternization issue.
>
>> That's the scuttlebutt.
>
> Without accepting the scuttlebut/intending to malign the
> individual in question, the topic brings up a general question.
> What is it about that fourth stripe/eagles or flag rank
> braid/stars that instills the notion "Now I've made it, nobody
> will notice if I quietly [do something they've been told since JO
> days is a big no-no]."?
>
> Seems like there's been a lot of that going around lately.

OJ,

You're right. A lot of it does go around.

An old boss of mine (flag rank) went to Capstone (a joint leadership course
which is part of the flag promotion process). One of the briefers told his
group of budding new admirals that after promotion many would find that
suddenly they would be the most handsome man in the room or the funniest man
in the room--even though they weren't any handsomer or funnier. The
briefer's point: Don't believe your own PR.

With the proliferation of females and males co-working in a military
atmosphere where one of them has absolute power and the other may admire
that power, these things are bound to happen. It's a leadership challenge,
and this phenomenon tends to be more pronounced on the ship...

--Woody

Google