PDA

View Full Version : Never too old to fly !!

Dingo[_4_]
June 10th 10, 09:25 AM
http://www.itv.com/anglia/magnificent-ken12280/
~~
Dingo ;~)

Mike Mackenzie
June 10th 10, 10:03 AM
"Dingo" > wrote (in part):

>http://www.itv.com/anglia/magnificent-ken12280/

Unfortunately, that can be viewed only in the UK.

--
Mike Mackenzie (AVCOM Services)
Brisbane, AUSTRALIA

Dingo[_4_]
June 10th 10, 10:47 AM
"Mike Mackenzie" > wrote in message

> "Dingo" > wrote (in part):
>

>>http://www.itv.com/anglia/magnificent-ken12280/
>
> Unfortunately, that can be viewed only in the UK.
>
> --
> Mike Mackenzie (AVCOM Services)
> Brisbane, AUSTRALIA
> Remove "XYZ" from the "Reply to" address when responding by email.

Damn 'n' blast [or words to that effect], Mike. I didn't realise it wouldn't
be available outside of Pomgolia.

In lieu, here's a couple of screen grabs & the test from the Anglia TV
website.

Magnificent flying Ken!
2.34PM Wed Jun 9 2010
Everyone's heard of those magnificent men and their flying machines and few
are more magnificent than one Wing Commander from Norfolk. Why? Well at the
grand old age of 94, Ken Wallis is planning to set a new world speed record
in an autogyro he built himself!
~~
Dingo [Suffolk UK]

Anyolmouse
June 10th 10, 03:33 PM
"Dingo" > wrote in message

> "Mike Mackenzie" > wrote in message
>
> > "Dingo" > wrote (in part):
> >

> >>http://www.itv.com/anglia/magnificent-ken12280/
> >
> > Unfortunately, that can be viewed only in the UK.
> >
> > --
> > Mike Mackenzie (AVCOM Services)
> > Brisbane, AUSTRALIA
> > Remove "XYZ" from the "Reply to" address when responding by email.
>
> Damn 'n' blast [or words to that effect], Mike. I didn't realise it
wouldn't
> be available outside of Pomgolia.
>
> In lieu, here's a couple of screen grabs & the test from the Anglia TV
> website.
>

> Magnificent flying Ken!
> 2.34PM Wed Jun 9 2010
> Everyone's heard of those magnificent men and their flying machines
and few
> are more magnificent than one Wing Commander from Norfolk. Why? Well
at the
> grand old age of 94, Ken Wallis is planning to set a new world speed
record
> in an autogyro he built himself!
> ~~
> Dingo [Suffolk UK]

He looks familiar, did he fly the autogyro in one of the James Bond
movies? Also crashed flying an autogyro at an airshow?

--
We have met the enemy and he is us-- Pogo

Anyolmouse

Dingo[_4_]
June 10th 10, 05:08 PM
"Anyolmouse" > wrote in message

> "Dingo" > wrote in message

>> > Unfortunately, that can be viewed only in the UK.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Mike Mackenzie (AVCOM Services)
>> > Brisbane, AUSTRALIA
>> > Remove "XYZ" from the "Reply to" address when responding by email.
>>
>> Damn 'n' blast [or words to that effect], Mike. I didn't realise it
> wouldn't
>> be available outside of Pomgolia.
>>
>> In lieu, here's a couple of screen grabs & the test from the Anglia TV
>> website.
>>

>> Magnificent flying Ken!
>> 2.34PM Wed Jun 9 2010
>> Everyone's heard of those magnificent men and their flying machines
> and few
>> are more magnificent than one Wing Commander from Norfolk. Why? Well
> at the
>> grand old age of 94, Ken Wallis is planning to set a new world speed
> record
>> in an autogyro he built himself!
>> ~~
>> Dingo [Suffolk UK]
>>

> He looks familiar, did he fly the autogyro in one of the James Bond
> movies? Also crashed flying an autogyro at an airshow?
>
> --
> We have met the enemy and he is us-- Pogo
>
> Anyolmouse

That's the man. He's now hoping to beat his own speed record [below], aiming
for 140mph

From Wiki:

Wing Commander Ken Wallis has held most of the autogyro world records during
his autogyro flying career. These include the speed record of 186 km/h
(111.7 mph), and the straight-line distance record of 869.23 km (543.27
miles). On 16 November 2002, Wallis increased the speed record to 207.7 km/h
(129.1 mph)- and simultaneously set another world record as the oldest pilot
to set a world record.
~~
Dingo

Mike Mackenzie
June 11th 10, 12:15 PM
"Dingo" > wrote (in part):

>>>http://www.itv.com/anglia/magnificent-ken12280/
>>
>> Unfortunately, that can be viewed only in the UK.
>>
>> --
>> Mike Mackenzie (AVCOM Services)
>> Brisbane, AUSTRALIA
>> Remove "XYZ" from the "Reply to" address when responding by email.
>
>Damn 'n' blast [or words to that effect], Mike. I didn't realise it wouldn't
>be available outside of Pomgolia.
>
>In lieu, here's a couple of screen grabs & the test from the Anglia TV
>website.
>

>Magnificent flying Ken!
>2.34PM Wed Jun 9 2010
>Everyone's heard of those magnificent men and their flying machines and few
>are more magnificent than one Wing Commander from Norfolk. Why? Well at the
>grand old age of 94, Ken Wallis is planning to set a new world speed record
>in an autogyro he built himself!

Thanks Dingo. What a wonderful chap.

--
Mike Mackenzie (AVCOM Services)
Brisbane, AUSTRALIA
Remove "XYZ" from the "Reply to" address when responding by email.

Waldo.Pepper[_2_]
June 13th 10, 02:59 AM
You could always download the video using Video Downloader for Firefox
and post that.

Waldo.

Google