PDA

View Full Version : Anacortes Fly-In

coffelt2
June 13th 10, 04:28 AM

Bob (not my real pseudonym)
June 19th 10, 10:30 AM
Gawd, but I love that paint job!

Ordered a new DSLR a couple weeks back, but looks like it'll be a
while before I get to use it at an air show. Coinkydinkally I also
collected a pacemaker/defibrillator this week...

All I need now is my official Decrepit Curmudgeon Club Card and a
rocking chair.

Foo.

Bob ^><^

the Legend of LAX[_2_]
June 19th 10, 11:35 PM
I guess I have to give up my card. After twenty-something years with a
pacemaker (I got it in my 20s), mine was removed for good a couple of
months ago. That was just after an abandoned lead eroded through my
chest wall & eventually lead to open heart surgery to correct, a few
weeks ago. I am now metal-free for the first time in decades (except for
the wire they put my breastbone back together with.

--
Dale G Elhardt
Cypress Ca

coffelt2
June 20th 10, 06:15 AM
"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" > wrote in message

> Gawd, but I love that paint job!
>
> Ordered a new DSLR a couple weeks back, but looks like it'll be a
> while before I get to use it at an air show. Coinkydinkally I also
> collected a pacemaker/defibrillator this week...
>
> All I need now is my official Decrepit Curmudgeon Club Card and a
> rocking chair.
>
> Foo.
>
> Bob ^><^

Gosh, glad to see you're on the mend, Bob. After you get done reading
the new DSLR's manual, maybe you could order wheels and a motor
for that rocking chair! We really miss your coverage of shows and events.

Pic is neighbor with his "highly modified KR-2S". Glue, sticks and foam!
The planes I WAS familiar with were aluminum, steel and titanium, so
I'm learning a lot watching Doug. (he's the little guy)

Been working on a cane, but lately thinking perhaps two will be required.

Old Chief Lynn

coffelt2
June 20th 10, 06:15 AM
"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" > wrote in message

> Gawd, but I love that paint job!
>
> Ordered a new DSLR a couple weeks back, but looks like it'll be a
> while before I get to use it at an air show. Coinkydinkally I also
> collected a pacemaker/defibrillator this week...
>
> All I need now is my official Decrepit Curmudgeon Club Card and a
> rocking chair.
>
> Foo.
>
> Bob ^><^

Gosh, glad to see you're on the mend, Bob. After you get done reading
the new DSLR's manual, maybe you could order wheels and a motor
for that rocking chair! We really miss your coverage of shows and events.

Pic is neighbor with his "highly modified KR-2S". Glue, sticks and foam!
The planes I WAS familiar with were aluminum, steel and titanium, so
I'm learning a lot watching Doug. (he's the little guy)

Been working on a cane, but lately thinking perhaps two will be required.

Old Chief Lynn

Bob (not my real pseudonym)
June 23rd 10, 08:16 AM
On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 15:35:11 -0700, the Legend of LAX
> wrote:

>I guess I have to give up my card. After twenty-something years with a
>pacemaker (I got it in my 20s), mine was removed for good a couple of
>months ago. That was just after an abandoned lead eroded through my
>chest wall & eventually lead to open heart surgery to correct, a few
>weeks ago. I am now metal-free for the first time in decades (except for
>the wire they put my breastbone back together with.

Eep.

I'm still not certain they farked up and sewed a VW Bug in there...
Big enough lump, and I have vague, drug-fuzzed memories of them
showing me something the size of a fat MP3 player with a good 20 yards
of garden hose attached. And I swear I can hear the thing over my AM
radio.

Still waiting for the "I'll tase myself, Bro!" t-shirt...

Bob ^><^

Bob (not my real pseudonym)
June 23rd 10, 08:16 AM
On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 15:35:11 -0700, the Legend of LAX
> wrote:

>I guess I have to give up my card. After twenty-something years with a
>pacemaker (I got it in my 20s), mine was removed for good a couple of
>months ago. That was just after an abandoned lead eroded through my
>chest wall & eventually lead to open heart surgery to correct, a few
>weeks ago. I am now metal-free for the first time in decades (except for
>the wire they put my breastbone back together with.

Eep.

I'm still not certain they farked up and sewed a VW Bug in there...
Big enough lump, and I have vague, drug-fuzzed memories of them
showing me something the size of a fat MP3 player with a good 20 yards
of garden hose attached. And I swear I can hear the thing over my AM
radio.

Still waiting for the "I'll tase myself, Bro!" t-shirt...

Bob ^><^

Bob (not my real pseudonym)
June 23rd 10, 08:23 AM
On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 22:15:51 -0700, "coffelt2" >
wrote:

>"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" > wrote in message
>>
>> Gawd, but I love that paint job!
>>
>> Ordered a new DSLR a couple weeks back, but looks like it'll be a
>> while before I get to use it at an air show. Coinkydinkally I also
>> collected a pacemaker/defibrillator this week...
>>
>> All I need now is my official Decrepit Curmudgeon Club Card and a
>> rocking chair.
>>
>> Foo.
>>
>> Bob ^><^
>
>Gosh, glad to see you're on the mend, Bob. After you get done reading
>the new DSLR's manual, maybe you could order wheels and a motor
>for that rocking chair! We really miss your coverage of shows and events.

Managed to haul it out on the balcony and grab a 787 yesterday, but
too pooped to download the pictures yet. Real Soon Now.

>Pic is neighbor with his "highly modified KR-2S". Glue, sticks and foam!
>The planes I WAS familiar with were aluminum, steel and titanium, so
>I'm learning a lot watching Doug. (he's the little guy)

It's good to have a hobby. And a huge credit limit...

>Been working on a cane, but lately thinking perhaps two will be required.

Still teetering around without, but starting to think seriously of one
of those Rollator doohickies for long days without chairs.

Or maybe just a nice shawl...

wrote:

>"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" > wrote in message
>>
>> Gawd, but I love that paint job!
>>
>> Ordered a new DSLR a couple weeks back, but looks like it'll be a
>> while before I get to use it at an air show. Coinkydinkally I also
>> collected a pacemaker/defibrillator this week...
>>
>> All I need now is my official Decrepit Curmudgeon Club Card and a
>> rocking chair.
>>
>> Foo.
>>
>> Bob ^><^
>
>Gosh, glad to see you're on the mend, Bob. After you get done reading
>the new DSLR's manual, maybe you could order wheels and a motor
>for that rocking chair! We really miss your coverage of shows and events.

Managed to haul it out on the balcony and grab a 787 yesterday, but
too pooped to download the pictures yet. Real Soon Now.

>Pic is neighbor with his "highly modified KR-2S". Glue, sticks and foam!
>The planes I WAS familiar with were aluminum, steel and titanium, so
>I'm learning a lot watching Doug. (he's the little guy)

It's good to have a hobby. And a huge credit limit...

>Been working on a cane, but lately thinking perhaps two will be required.

Still teetering around without, but starting to think seriously of one
of those Rollator doohickies for long days without chairs.

Or maybe just a nice shawl...

Google