PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday American lost a co-pilot, today they lose an airplane door

Flying the SCARY Skies
June 17th 10, 11:28 PM
Maybe they can combine both this week's events and turn them into a
Lifetime movie or movie of the week or something.

The pics are LOL ... wonder how they're going to top this.

American 777 loses door at D/FW
Fort Worth Star-Telegram
June 16, 2010

Deplaning didn't go smoothly Tuesday morning for an American 777.

Apparently, an American Airlines flight arriving at Dallas/Fort Worth
Airport lost its door in a Terminal D jetbridge.

The aircraft pulled up to the terminal around 6:20 a.m. and docked with the
jetbridge. Flight attendants opened the door to start letting passengers
off the plane.

However, it appears that the brakes either failed or were not set and
ground crews did not put blocks around the wheels as the plane rolled
backwards about 200 feet, ripping the door off the Boeing 777.

I'm still waiting for a callback from American Airlines about the incident.
But the photos, which the Star-Telegram received from a reader, pretty much
tell the story.

pictures at:
http://startelegram.typepad.com/sky_talk/2010/06/american-777-loses-door-at-dfw.html

June 22nd 10, 11:26 PM
Flying the SCARY Skies wrote:

>Maybe they can combine both this week's events and turn them into a
>Lifetime movie or movie of the week or something.
>
>The pics are LOL ... wonder how they're going to top this.
>

>American 777 loses door at D/FW
>Fort Worth Star-Telegram
>June 16, 2010
>
>Deplaning didn't go smoothly Tuesday morning for an American 777.
>
>Apparently, an American Airlines flight arriving at Dallas/Fort Worth
>Airport lost its door in a Terminal D jetbridge.
>
>The aircraft pulled up to the terminal around 6:20 a.m. and docked with the
>jetbridge. Flight attendants opened the door to start letting passengers
>off the plane.
>
>However, it appears that the brakes either failed or were not set and
>ground crews did not put blocks around the wheels as the plane rolled
>backwards about 200 feet, ripping the door off the Boeing 777.
>
>I'm still waiting for a callback from American Airlines about the incident.
>But the photos, which the Star-Telegram received from a reader, pretty much
>tell the story.
>
>pictures at:
>http://startelegram.typepad.com/sky_talk/2010/06/american-777-loses-door-at-dfw.html

I'm not surprised by any of this. American's management and labor are
in a race to see which one can sink the airline into the ground faster.

In my opinion, the sooner they do it the better. I hope all U.S.
airlines go out of business and domestic U.S. air transport is taken
over by Emirates, Singapore and Cathay Pacific. Heck, at this point,
even the old Civil Aviation Administration of China would probably do a
better job than any U.S. airline.

Google