PDA

View Full Version : ? About Senator John McCain

Pechs1
June 19th 04, 03:25 PM
What rank was he when he retired?

Thanks
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)

Henry J Cobb
June 19th 04, 03:38 PM

http://www.friendsofmccain.com/about/
> Nearing the end of his Navy career, now-Captain John McCain's last duty
> assignment was as the Navy's liaison to the U.S. Senate.

-HJC

Jim Carriere
June 19th 04, 06:06 PM
"Pechs1" > wrote in message
> What rank was he when he retired?

He was a Captain. Here is something definitive that I found with google:

http://www.2000gop.com/mccain/

I'm pretty sure his dad and grandfather both made Admiral, there is a
destroyer named after one or both of them.

Ogden Johnson III
June 19th 04, 07:46 PM
"Jim Carriere" > wrote:

>"Pechs1" > wrote

>> What rank was he when he retired?

>He was a Captain. Here is something definitive that I found with google:
>
>http://www.2000gop.com/mccain/
>
>I'm pretty sure his dad and grandfather both made Admiral, there is a
>destroyer named after one or both of them.

Google.

For father, a short one:

http://www.fleetsubmarine.com/mccainjr.html

And for the grandfather, also a brief one:

http://www.phideltatheta.org/famousphis/military/leaders/mccain.html

Both, indeed, made it all the way to Admiral. And DDG 56, John
S. McCain is named after both.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/navy/ddg-56.htm
--
OJ III
[Email sent to Yahoo address is burned before reading.

Yofuri
June 20th 04, 07:43 AM
Dad was a superb person and a gentleman of the old school. It was not
commonly known that he suffered a brain hemorrhage in 1970 and continued to
serve out his tour as CINCPACFLT.

Rick

"Jim Carriere" > wrote in message
> "Pechs1" > wrote in message
> > What rank was he when he retired?
>
> He was a Captain. Here is something definitive that I found with google:
>
> http://www.2000gop.com/mccain/
>
> I'm pretty sure his dad and grandfather both made Admiral, there is a
> destroyer named after one or both of them.

JamesF1110
June 20th 04, 10:25 PM
Anyone know what the bulge in his left cheek is. It looks like it is a plug of
chewing tobacco but I doubt that is the case.

Ed
June 21st 04, 10:57 PM
"JamesF1110" > wrote in message
> Anyone know what the bulge in his left cheek is. It looks like it is a
plug of
> chewing tobacco but I doubt that is the case.

That would be a scar from skin cancer surgery that occurred in the past year
or two.

Ed

Google