PDA

View Full Version : IGC file viewer for Mac OS X - GammaFV

Richard Lancaster
July 3rd 10, 07:54 PM
I've just uploaded a very simple IGC file viewer application for Mac OS X
to:

http://www.carrotworks.com/

It has exactly three features:

1. It's a native Mac OS X app that should work on Tiger, Leopard and Snow
Leopard on both PPC and Intel architectures.

2. It plots the geographic trace of a flight onto a map.

3. It doesn't cost any money.

It's very much a work in progress, so don't expect it to be able to plot
climb rates, altitude data, tasks or airspace because at the moment it
doesn't.

Regards,

Richard

Berry[_2_]
July 4th 10, 01:03 AM
In article >,
(Richard Lancaster) wrote:

> I've just uploaded a very simple IGC file viewer application for Mac OS X
> to:
>
> http://www.carrotworks.com/
>
> It has exactly three features:
>
> 1. It's a native Mac OS X app that should work on Tiger, Leopard and Snow
> Leopard on both PPC and Intel architectures.
>
> 2. It plots the geographic trace of a flight onto a map.
>
> 3. It doesn't cost any money.
>
> It's very much a work in progress, so don't expect it to be able to plot
> climb rates, altitude data, tasks or airspace because at the moment it
> doesn't.
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard

Very nice, Richard! Hope you will continue to develop it. The only other
mac native IGC viewer that I know of is "FlightTrack". I use it often to
take a quick look at my flights.

For the occasional detailed analysis of a flight, I use SeeYou running
in Parallels.

There is one other cross-platform flight analysis program that I have
used, but it does not seem very user friendly to me. ICGView or
something like that.

Jim[_18_]
July 11th 10, 10:13 PM
On Jul 3, 11:54*am, (Richard Lancaster)
wrote:
> I've just uploaded a very simple IGC file viewer application for Mac OS X
> to:
>
> http://www.carrotworks.com/
>
> It has exactly three features:
>
> 1. It's a native Mac OS X app that should work on Tiger, Leopard and Snow
> Leopard on both PPC and Intel architectures.
>
> 2. It plots the geographic trace of a flight onto a map.
>
> 3. It doesn't cost any money.
>
> It's very much a work in progress, so don't expect it to be able to plot
> climb rates, altitude data, tasks or airspace because at the moment it
> doesn't.
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard

Thanks for creating this and sharing, very cool.

Jim D

Kevin Christner
July 11th 10, 11:06 PM
Richard,

Looks great... Would be quite glad if you continued working on it.

KJC

wrote:
> I've just uploaded a very simple IGC file viewer application for Mac OS X
> to:
>
> http://www.carrotworks.com/
>
> It has exactly three features:
>
> 1. It's a native Mac OS X app that should work on Tiger, Leopard and Snow
> Leopard on both PPC and Intel architectures.
>
> 2. It plots the geographic trace of a flight onto a map.
>
> 3. It doesn't cost any money.
>
> It's very much a work in progress, so don't expect it to be able to plot
> climb rates, altitude data, tasks or airspace because at the moment it
> doesn't.
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard

September 15th 13, 02:40 AM
Hi Richard:

Thank you so much for this fine viewer. I am, of course, looking forward to developments which would give it motion, speed, and altitude data. Very Nice Work

Ed

Google