PDA

View Full Version : Iceland Express B-757

Canuck[_10_]
June 28th 10, 05:29 AM
I caught this bird today. It was supposed to have left last night but we had
one heck of a thunderstorm and downpour which might explain why it was still
here. No, matter.... yet another series of downpours were well on their way.
No idea if this flight even left today.

Still, welcome to YWG Iceland Express. I fully intend to get a much better
picture next weekend.

Nick

Andrew Chaplin
June 28th 10, 09:23 AM
"Canuck" > wrote in
:

> I caught this bird today. It was supposed to have left last night but
> we had one heck of a thunderstorm and downpour which might explain why
> it was still here. No, matter.... yet another series of downpours were
> well on their way. No idea if this flight even left today.
>
> Still, welcome to YWG Iceland Express. I fully intend to get a much
> better picture next weekend.
>
> Nick
>
> Attachment decoded: untitled-2.txt
> ------=_NextPart_000_01FA_01CB1650.969E42A0
>

> Attachment decoded: P6274506.jpg
> ------=_NextPart_000_01FA_01CB1650.969E42A0
>

> Attachment decoded: P6274518.jpg
> ------=_NextPart_000_01FA_01CB1650.969E42A0
>

> Attachment decoded: P6274528.jpg
> ------=_NextPart_000_01FA_01CB1650.969E42A0--

There to provide service to the people of Gimli, "Home of the Vikings"?
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

Canuck[_10_]
June 28th 10, 04:30 PM
"Andrew Chaplin" > wrote in message
> "Canuck" > wrote in
> :
>
>> I caught this bird today. It was supposed to have left last night but
>> we had one heck of a thunderstorm and downpour which might explain why
>> it was still here. No, matter.... yet another series of downpours were
>> well on their way. No idea if this flight even left today.
>>
>> Still, welcome to YWG Iceland Express. I fully intend to get a much
>> better picture next weekend.
>>
>> Nick

> There to provide service to the people of Gimli, "Home of the Vikings"?
> --
> Andrew Chaplin
> SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO
> (If you're going to e-mail me, you'll have to get "yourfinger." out.)

Yes and no. :)

Iceland Express has started a service between London (Gatwick) via Keflavik
to Winnipeg. So we have service to Europe again. It would have been nice to
see BA, Air France, KLM, or Lufthansa start to offer service again. We have
a new terminal set to open this year.
It would make fantastic sense to offer direct flights to Heathrow, CDG, and
Schiphol. We used to have service to Heathrow and Schiphol but then Air
Canada figured out a way to make us pay for a trip to Toronto that we didn't
want or need. I'm sure a once weekly service to some combination of these
destinations would have enough paying passengers to keep it going. A lot of
people wouldn't mind traveling through a state of the art terminal with low
congestion instead of having to go through a high congestion airport like
Toronto or Chicago. Also, the route is over the pole so the flying time is
about 7.5 hours to London or Paris and 8 or so to Frankfurt. I've forgotten
how long it is to Amsterdam. Probably a little more than 7 hours. Right
there is a huge time saving over having to connect somewhere out East.

Actually, the Iceland/Gimli connection is part of the reason they are doing
this to promote tourism between Iceland and Manitoba. Fantastic!

Nick

Google