PDA

View Full Version : Cessna 195, concluded

Mitchell Holman[_5_]
June 29th 10, 12:46 PM
end of the line.........

Jacques[_2_]
June 29th 10, 12:59 PM
Great shots, sir. Could this aircraft have been built in the 30s? I had
never seen it before . . .

Thank you for the pics.

Jacques

"Mitchell Holman" > wrote in message
30...

> end of the line.........

Anyolmouse
June 29th 10, 01:56 PM
"Mitchell Holman" > wrote in message
30...

> end of the line.........

Thanks for posting them. My favorite is #3. I am a sucker for polished
aluminum and red paint.

--
We have met the enemy and he is us-- Pogo

Anyolmouse

cebo
June 29th 10, 03:50 PM
In article >,
Mitchell Holman > wrote:

> end of the line.........

ThanQ Mitch, snagged some good shots

Andrew Chaplin
June 30th 10, 11:51 AM
"Jacques" > wrote in
:

> Great shots, sir. Could this aircraft have been built in the 30s? I
> had never seen it before . . .

Late 1940s and through the '50s. It was built to meet an army spec but lost
out to the DHC-2 Beaver.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

Mitchell Holman[_5_]
June 30th 10, 01:32 PM
Andrew Chaplin > wrote in
:

> "Jacques" > wrote in
> :
>
>> Great shots, sir. Could this aircraft have been built in the 30s? I
>> had never seen it before . . .
>
> Late 1940s and through the '50s. It was built to meet an army spec but
> lost out to the DHC-2 Beaver.

Actually the Army did buy some, calling it the LC-126,
but never in the numbers Cessna hoped. They advertized it
on the civilian market as the "Businessliner" but it was
not much of a success. It consumed more oil than the Beaver,
which I can relate from personal experience consumed a lot.
At every landing it was "fill the oil and check the gas"....

Jacques[_2_]
June 30th 10, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the info . . .
My father probably would have said the same . . .being that he was a flight
engineer on many aircrafts of the period (50s and up until the early 60s)

He flew quite a bit in Canada's north resuppl;ying radar stations, and a lot
more . . .

Jacques

"Mitchell Holman" > wrote in message
30...
> Andrew Chaplin > wrote in
> :
>
>> "Jacques" > wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> Great shots, sir. Could this aircraft have been built in the 30s? I
>>> had never seen it before . . .
>>
>> Late 1940s and through the '50s. It was built to meet an army spec but
>> lost out to the DHC-2 Beaver.
>

> Actually the Army did buy some, calling it the LC-126,
> but never in the numbers Cessna hoped. They advertized it
> on the civilian market as the "Businessliner" but it was
> not much of a success. It consumed more oil than the Beaver,
> which I can relate from personal experience consumed a lot.
> At every landing it was "fill the oil and check the gas"....

Andrew Chaplin
July 1st 10, 02:38 PM
Mitchell Holman > wrote in
30:

> Andrew Chaplin > wrote in
> :
>
>> "Jacques" > wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> Great shots, sir. Could this aircraft have been built in the 30s? I
>>> had never seen it before . . .
>>
>> Late 1940s and through the '50s. It was built to meet an army spec but
>> lost out to the DHC-2 Beaver.
>
> Actually the Army did buy some, calling it the LC-126,
> but never in the numbers Cessna hoped. They advertized it
> on the civilian market as the "Businessliner" but it was
> not much of a success. It consumed more oil than the Beaver,
> which I can relate from personal experience consumed a lot.
> At every landing it was "fill the oil and check the gas"....

Crew in the Beaver, IIRC, could fill the oil reservoir while in flight.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

Google