PDA

View Full Version : The Silver Star Medal Registry

Otis Willie
October 10th 04, 09:19 PM
The Silver Star Medal Registry

An effort is now underway to register the names of all Americans, past
and present, who received the Silver Star.

All those who received the Silver Star, or know of a veteran -- living
or deceased -- who received this High Award, can register at URL:

http://www.amervets.com/ssmedla.htm

---------------------------
Otis Willie
Associate Librarian
The American War Library
http://www.americanwarlibrary.com

Ed Rasimus
October 10th 04, 11:00 PM
On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 13:19:02 -0700, Otis Willie >
wrote:

>The Silver Star Medal Registry
>
>An effort is now underway to register the names of all Americans, past
>and present, who received the Silver Star.
>
>All those who received the Silver Star, or know of a veteran -- living
>or deceased -- who received this High Award, can register at URL:
>
> http://www.amervets.com/ssmedla.htm

So much drivel and bull excrement. It's simply another place for
poseurs to build a resume. If you want to know if someone has received
an award you need to see a DD-214, not the fact that they simply went
to a web-site and entered a claim.

In the past I've looked at the registry of DFC recipients, of Bronze
Star recipients, of AFC recipients and of Silver Star recipients (this
isn't a new site)--all are solely dependent upon voluntary
registration and none require validation.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
www.thunderchief.org