PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Smith admits small planes are unpleasant

Mxsmanic
July 29th 10, 08:56 PM
And he illustrates one reason why I hesitate about bothering with a PPL:

http://www.salon.com/technology/ask_the_pilot/2010/07/27/flying_small_planes/index.html

Dudley Henriques[_2_]
July 29th 10, 09:25 PM
On Jul 29, 3:56*pm, Mxsmanic > wrote:
> And he illustrates one reason why I hesitate about bothering with a PPL:
>
> http://www.salon.com/technology/ask_the_pilot/2010/07/27/flying_small...

Let's see if I can guess now...............this one will begin yet
another long boring predictable thread of exchanges between you and
your usual detractors on the forum with all the usual suspects chiming
in to tell you you don't fly, you're a sim pilot and you know nothing,
you're an idiot, you have social problems, how would you know, you
wouldn't fly even if you had the chance, and oh
yes...............you're a troll, while you pick and choose between
the answering posts answering several with your usual dry,
condescending one liners carefully designed to demonstrate the total
complete disgust, distaste and disrespect you hold for pilots in
general.
Perhaps this one will go into the hundreds as did the last thread
between you and the group.
I'll check back tomorrow and see how things go :-)
Dudley Henriques

Dudley Henriques[_2_]
July 29th 10, 09:32 PM
On Jul 29, 3:56*pm, Mxsmanic > wrote:
> And he illustrates one reason why I hesitate about bothering with a PPL:
>
> http://www.salon.com/technology/ask_the_pilot/2010/07/27/flying_small...

Here we go
again! :-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))

Dudley Henriques

george
July 29th 10, 09:37 PM
On Jul 30, 7:56*am, Mxsmanic > wrote:
> And he illustrates one reason why I hesitate about bothering with a PPL:

The main reason is you don't have the ability..

Mxsmanic
July 29th 10, 10:16 PM
george writes:

> The main reason is you don't have the ability..

The main reasons are a lack of money and health, but there are other reasons
as well. With respect to this particular article, small aircraft tend to be
noisy, bumpy, and uncomfortable, and a PPL has little else to look forwards to
unless he has unlimited funds and time. Like Patrick Smith, I don't enjoy
being distracted by heat, noise, etc. I'm glad to see pilots admitting the
same.

Ari Silverstein
July 29th 10, 10:37 PM
On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 13:25:21 -0700 (PDT), Dudley Henriques wrote:

> Let's see if I can guess now...............this one will begin yet
> another long boring predictable thread of exchanges between you and
> your usual detractors on the forum with all the usual suspects chiming
> in to tell you you don't fly, you're a sim pilot and you know nothing,
> you're an idiot, you have social problems, how would you know, you
> wouldn't fly even if you had the chance, and oh
> yes...............you're a troll,

Which you kindly assist.

PKB, Henriques.
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj

Dudley Henriques[_2_]
July 29th 10, 11:08 PM
On Jul 29, 5:37*pm, Ari Silverstein > wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 13:25:21 -0700 (PDT), Dudley Henriques wrote:
> > Let's see if I can guess now...............this one will begin yet
> > another long boring predictable thread of exchanges between you and
> > your usual detractors on the forum with all the usual suspects chiming
> > in to tell you you don't fly, you're a sim pilot and you know nothing,
> > you're an idiot, you have social problems, how would you know, you
> > wouldn't fly even if you had the chance, and oh
> > yes...............you're a troll,
>
> Which you kindly assist.
>
> PKB, Henriques.
> --
> A fireside chat not with Ari!http://tr.im/holj
> Motto: Live To Spooge It!

I have no problem at all with contributing. What absolutely amazes me
however are posts like yours decrying the addition to someone while
adding to it .:-))
DH

Dudley Henriques[_2_]
July 29th 10, 11:33 PM
On Jul 29, 5:16*pm, Mxsmanic > wrote:
> george writes:
> > The main reason is you don't have the ability..
>
> The main reasons are a lack of money and health, but there are other reasons
> as well. With respect to this particular article, small aircraft tend to be
> noisy, bumpy, and uncomfortable, and a PPL has little else to look forwards to
> unless he has unlimited funds and time. Like Patrick Smith, I don't enjoy
> being distracted by heat, noise, etc. I'm glad to see pilots admitting the
> same.

Hell old buddy, if you think small airplanes are noisy you should
experience a takeoff in a P51. Now THAT'S noise!!
:-))

rq3[_3_]
July 29th 10, 11:34 PM
Mxsmanic wrote:
> And he illustrates one reason why I hesitate about bothering with a PPL:
>
> http://www.salon.com/technology/ask_the_pilot/2010/07/27/flying_small_planes/index.html

So the guy doesn't like his job, and wishes he was on the beach. Yawn.
Glad he wasn't my instructor. Another couple of thousand feet and a
headset he would have flying cool, calm, and quiet. You're linking to
idiots because....?

Ari Silverstein
July 30th 10, 12:32 AM
On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 15:08:26 -0700 (PDT), Dudley Henriques wrote:

> On Jul 29, 5:37*pm, Ari Silverstein > wrote:
>> On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 13:25:21 -0700 (PDT), Dudley Henriques wrote:
>>> Let's see if I can guess now...............this one will begin yet
>>> another long boring predictable thread of exchanges between you and
>>> your usual detractors on the forum with all the usual suspects chiming
>>> in to tell you you don't fly, you're a sim pilot and you know nothing,
>>> you're an idiot, you have social problems, how would you know, you
>>> wouldn't fly even if you had the chance, and oh
>>> yes...............you're a troll,
>>
>> Which you kindly assist.
>>
>> PKB, Henriques.
>> --
>> A fireside chat not with Ari!http://tr.im/holj
>> Motto: Live To Spooge It!
>
> I have no problem at all with contributing. What absolutely amazes me
> however are posts like yours decrying the addition to someone while
> adding to it .:-))
> DH

Someone has to pint out the ass in the asshole, Duds.
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj

Ari Silverstein
July 30th 10, 12:34 AM
On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 15:33:30 -0700 (PDT), Dudley Henriques wrote:

> On Jul 29, 5:16*pm, Mxsmanic > wrote:
>> george writes:
>>> The main reason is you don't have the ability..
>>
>> The main reasons are a lack of money and health, but there are other reasons
>> as well. With respect to this particular article, small aircraft tend to be
>> noisy, bumpy, and uncomfortable, and a PPL has little else to look forwards to
>> unless he has unlimited funds and time. Like Patrick Smith, I don't enjoy
>> being distracted by heat, noise, etc. I'm glad to see pilots admitting the
>> same.
>
> Hell old buddy, if you think small airplanes are noisy you should
> experience a takeoff in a P51. Now THAT'S noise!!
> :-))

See what I mean.

Instead of lecturing about trolling with the troll, why not just,
simply, shut the **** up in the first place.

At least you don't end up looking like the hypocrite you are.
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj

Dudley Henriques[_2_]
July 30th 10, 12:35 AM
On Jul 29, 7:32*pm, Ari Silverstein > wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 15:08:26 -0700 (PDT), Dudley Henriques wrote:
>
> >> Which you kindly assist.
>
> >> PKB, Henriques.
> >> --
> >> A fireside chat not with Ari!http://tr.im/holj
> >> Motto: Live To Spooge It!
>
> > I have no problem at all with contributing. What absolutely amazes me
> > however are posts like yours decrying the addition to someone while
> > adding to it .:-))
> > DH
>
> Someone has to pint out the ass in the asshole, Duds.
> --
> A fireside chat not with Ari!http://tr.im/holj
> Motto: Live To Spooge It!

"Pint" away old buddy. No sweat at all :-))
DH

Dudley Henriques[_2_]
July 30th 10, 01:23 AM
On Jul 29, 7:34*pm, Ari Silverstein > wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 15:33:30 -0700 (PDT), Dudley Henriques wrote:
>
> >> The main reasons are a lack of money and health, but there are other reasons
> >> as well. With respect to this particular article, small aircraft tend to be
> >> noisy, bumpy, and uncomfortable, and a PPL has little else to look forwards to
> >> unless he has unlimited funds and time. Like Patrick Smith, I don't enjoy
> >> being distracted by heat, noise, etc. I'm glad to see pilots admitting the
> >> same.
>
> > Hell old buddy, if you think small airplanes are noisy you should
> > experience a takeoff in a P51. Now THAT'S noise!!
> > :-))
>
> See what I mean.
>
> Instead of lecturing about trolling with the troll, why not just,
> simply, shut the **** up in the first place.
>
> At least you don't end up looking like the hypocrite you are.
> --
> A fireside chat not with Ari!http://tr.im/holj
> Motto: Live To Spooge It!

Hard to argue with the truth. If we look at the thread from the
beginning. Aside from your usual ad hominen post under mine, the very
first post directed to Mx's initial post reads as follows;
" The main reason is that you don't have the ability" EXACTLY as
predicted :-))
Mx's answer to this was of course as follows;

"The main reasons are a lack of money and health, but there are other
reasons
as well. With respect to this particular article, small aircraft tend
to be
noisy, bumpy, and uncomfortable, and a PPL has little else to look
forwards to
unless he has unlimited funds and time. Like Patrick Smith, I don't
enjoy
being distracted by heat, noise, etc. I'm glad to see pilots admitting
the
same. '

As we can see, Mx posts back to this personal attack with a calm,
laconic intelligent answer which serves him not one but TWO purposes.
He answers his antagonist with pertinent and on topic comment that for
all intent and purposes advances his position en passant while at the
same time conveying his underlying total contempt for his attacker by
completely ignoring the insult and refusing to engage a comment he
strongly believes is coming from someone well beneath his level of
intellect............................you know...........sort of what
I'm doing here with you. :-)
Dudley Henriques

...........an almost EXACT confirmation of my prediction for how this
thread will go and has gone. Nothing hyp

Ari Silverstein
July 30th 10, 02:39 AM
On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 17:23:27 -0700 (PDT), Dudley Henriques wrote:

> On Jul 29, 7:34*pm, Ari Silverstein > wrote:

>>> Hell old buddy, if you think small airplanes are noisy you should
>>> experience a takeoff in a P51. Now THAT'S noise!!
>>> :-))
>>
>> See what I mean.
>>
>> Instead of lecturing about trolling with the troll, why not just,
>> simply, shut the **** up in the first place.
>>
>> At least you don't end up looking like the hypocrite you are.
>> --
>> A fireside chat not with Ari!http://tr.im/holj
>> Motto: Live To Spooge It!
>
> Hard to argue with the truth. If we look at the thread from the
> beginning. Aside from your usual ad hominen post under mine, the very
> first post directed to Mx's initial post reads as follows;
> " The main reason is that you don't have the ability" EXACTLY as
> predicted :-))
> Mx's answer to this was of course as follows;
>
> "The main reasons are a lack of money and health, but there are other
> reasons
> as well. With respect to this particular article, small aircraft tend
> to be
> noisy, bumpy, and uncomfortable, and a PPL has little else to look
> forwards to
> unless he has unlimited funds and time. Like Patrick Smith, I don't
> enjoy
> being distracted by heat, noise, etc. I'm glad to see pilots admitting
> the
> same. '
>
> As we can see, Mx posts back to this personal attack with a calm,
> laconic intelligent answer which serves him not one but TWO purposes.
> He answers his antagonist with pertinent and on topic comment that for
> all intent and purposes advances his position en passant while at the
> same time conveying his underlying total contempt for his attacker by
> completely ignoring the insult and refusing to engage a comment he
> strongly believes is coming from someone well beneath his level of
> intellect............................you know...........sort of what
> I'm doing here with you. :-)
> Dudley Henriques
>
> ..........an almost EXACT confirmation of my prediction for how this
> thread will go and has gone. Nothing hyp

One major, irrefutable and conclusive difference.

I only post to you.

You troll with the troll.

Poof, there goes your argument and on goes your hypocrisy cloak.
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj

Dudley Henriques[_2_]
July 30th 10, 02:49 AM
On Jul 29, 9:39*pm, Ari Silverstein > wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 17:23:27 -0700 (PDT), Dudley Henriques wrote:

> >> See what I mean.
>
> >> Instead of lecturing about trolling with the troll, why not just,
> >> simply, shut the **** up in the first place.
>
> >> At least you don't end up looking like the hypocrite you are.
> >> --
> >> A fireside chat not with Ari!http://tr.im/holj
> >> Motto: Live To Spooge It!
>
> > Hard to argue with the truth. If we look at the thread from the
> > beginning. Aside from your usual ad hominen post under mine, the very
> > first post directed to Mx's initial post reads as follows;
> > " The main reason is that you don't have the ability" EXACTLY as
> > predicted :-))
> > Mx's answer to this *was of course as follows;
>
> > "The main reasons are a lack of money and health, but there are other
> > reasons
> > as well. With respect to this particular article, small aircraft tend
> > to be
> > noisy, bumpy, and uncomfortable, and a PPL has little else to look
> > forwards to
> > unless he has unlimited funds and time. Like Patrick Smith, I don't
> > enjoy
> > being distracted by heat, noise, etc. I'm glad to see pilots admitting
> > the
> > same. '
>
> > As we can see, Mx posts back to *this personal attack with a calm,
> > laconic intelligent answer which serves him not one but *TWO purposes..
> > He answers his antagonist with pertinent and on topic comment that for
> > all intent and purposes advances his position en passant while at the
> > same time conveying his underlying total contempt for his attacker by
> > completely ignoring the insult and refusing to engage a comment he
> > strongly believes is coming from someone well beneath his level of
> > intellect............................you know...........sort of what
> > I'm doing here with you. :-)
> > Dudley Henriques
>
> > ..........an almost EXACT confirmation of my prediction for how this
> > thread will go and has gone. Nothing hyp
>
> One major, irrefutable and conclusive difference.
>
> I only post to you.
>
> You troll with the troll.
>
> Poof, there goes your argument and on goes your hypocrisy cloak.
> --
> A fireside chat not with Ari!http://tr.im/holj
> Motto: Live To Spooge It!

Please feel free to post to me anytime regardless of the intent. Hell,
I don't mind your constant derogatory remarks. Goes with Usenet.
I'll treat your on topic posts to me with the respect they deserve (if
you ever actually make any :-) and likewise treat your usual posts to
me with the respect that they deserve.
No sweat to me either way.
DH

Mxsmanic
July 30th 10, 04:56 AM
Dudley Henriques writes:

> Hell old buddy, if you think small airplanes are noisy you should
> experience a takeoff in a P51. Now THAT'S noise!!

I'm not sure that I'd want to ride in one, but they sound very cool from a
distance. I've never taken much interest in riding inside a military fighter
aircraft, but they are often cool to look at (with ear protection). There are
some very tempting-looking payware add-on P-51s for Flight Simulator as well
(which I believe were originally pointed out to me by yourself).

Mxsmanic
July 30th 10, 04:59 AM
rq3 writes:

> So the guy doesn't like his job, and wishes he was on the beach. Yawn.
> Glad he wasn't my instructor.

How many flight instructors like their job? How many are just impatiently
trying to build hours so that they can work as airline pilots one day?

The current arrangement has always bothered me, since it seems to ensure that
the people teaching new pilots are always people without an interest in
teaching, who are just passing through a revolving door.

> Another couple of thousand feet and a headset he would have flying cool,
> calm, and quiet.

Maybe that wasn't practical at the time.

Mxsmanic
July 30th 10, 05:00 AM
Stephen! writes:

> This idiot was talking about a mere 20 years ago.

The "idiot" is an airline pilot now.

Dudley Henriques[_2_]
July 30th 10, 05:12 AM
On Jul 29, 11:56*pm, Mxsmanic > wrote:
> Dudley Henriques writes:
> > Hell old buddy, if you think small airplanes are noisy you should
> > experience a takeoff in a P51. Now THAT'S noise!!
>
> I'm not sure that I'd want to ride in one, but they sound very cool from a
> distance. I've never taken much interest in riding inside a military fighter
> aircraft, but they are often cool to look at (with ear protection). There are
> some very tempting-looking payware add-on P-51s for Flight Simulator as well
> (which I believe were originally pointed out to me by yourself).

If you have a love for flight you would thoroughly enjoy flying in a
WW2 prop fighter like a Mustang. Even to experienced pilots flying a
Mustang for the first time is unique.
The sheer power on takeoff is unbelievable. Your ears in the cockpit
are just about lined up with the exhaust stacks and as I said, the
noise is horrendous.
The experience is so unique that you seldom will find a pilot or even
a non-pilot who would suddenly discover they like it. It's strange
really, but I can say with some degree of authority that in my own
experience anyway, those who love this experience came to it by choice
seeking it out. I know I did.
I was extremely fortunate in my career to have had the chance to fly
these airplanes. I've never regretted a moment I spent in them.
You're right about the P51 for the simulator. Watch the A2A
Simulations website if you're interested. They are developing for FSX
what I consider to be the definitive Mustang for the sim pilot. THis
aircraft will exhibit a flight model and graphics so deep into
fidelity and realism that I wouldn't hesitate to use it in checking
out a pilot in the P51D.
If I recall correctly I believe you favor flying other types of
airplanes in the sim, but if you ever do decide to purchase a WW2 prop
fighter for your simulator I'll be glad to help you out with tips on
flying it.
Dudley Henriques

Jim Logajan
July 30th 10, 05:43 AM
Mxsmanic > wrote:
> How many flight instructors like their job?

Of the 5 CFIs I've already met and can name (Rena, King, Mark, Martin,
Dorothy,) I believe all of them enjoy teaching. Some I know have said as
much. These are the outfits they are connected with:

http://www.kpflight.com/coburgtraining.htm
http://www.abouttimeaviation.com/contact.html
http://www.takewinginc.com/aboutus.html

> How many are just
> impatiently trying to build hours so that they can work as airline
> pilots one day?

None of the one I know of are "building time." Two more local CFIs, who I
expect to eventually meet, Paul and Jess, have been teaching for about 20
years, each. If they have plans for airline work they seem to be mighty
slow about it.

> The current arrangement has always bothered me, since it seems to
> ensure that the people teaching new pilots are always people without
> an interest in teaching, who are just passing through a revolving
> door.

I believe you are simply parroting claims made by other people elsewhere.

>> Another couple of thousand feet and a headset he would have flying
>> cool, calm, and quiet.
>
> Maybe that wasn't practical at the time.

The author makes the mistake of assuming everyone else shares his values
and preferences.

Mxsmanic
July 30th 10, 07:09 AM
Dudley Henriques writes:

> If I recall correctly I believe you favor flying other types of
> airplanes in the sim, but if you ever do decide to purchase a WW2 prop
> fighter for your simulator I'll be glad to help you out with tips on
> flying it.

Thanks. I've seen some videos on the A2A model on YouTube, and it looks very
daunting. I'm not good at managing engine parameters even in simpler aircraft.
But it might still be fun. I imagine it would be a change of pace for
controllers, too.

Mxsmanic
July 30th 10, 07:10 AM
Jim Logajan writes:

> None of the one I know of are "building time." Two more local CFIs, who I
> expect to eventually meet, Paul and Jess, have been teaching for about 20
> years, each. If they have plans for airline work they seem to be mighty
> slow about it.

I hope that is the norm rather than the exception. I wouldn't want to learn
from a CFI who had not made a career of instruction.

> The author makes the mistake of assuming everyone else shares his values
> and preferences.

Lots of people make that mistake, as he points out himself in reference to
other pilots.

July 30th 10, 04:18 PM
Mxsmanic > wrote:

> How many flight instructors like their job? How many are just impatiently
> trying to build hours so that they can work as airline pilots one day?

From observation of what goes on at the local GA airports, which you should
try sometimes instead of just pulling stuff out of your ass, instructors
are about evenly divided between young guys looking to build time and older
guys who just like aviation.

And then there is the few middle aged guys who have a day job and instruct
on weekends and evenings because they like aviation.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

Franklin[_26_]
July 30th 10, 04:24 PM
Dudley Henriques wrote:

> On Jul 29, 5:16*pm, Mxsmanic > wrote:
>> george writes:
>> > The main reason is you don't have the ability..
>>
>> The main reasons are a lack of money and health, but there are other
>> reasons as well. With respect to this particular article, small
>> aircraft tend to be noisy, bumpy, and uncomfortable, and a PPL has
>> little else to look forwards to unless he has unlimited funds and
>> time. Like Patrick Smith, I don't enjoy being distracted by heat,
>> noise, etc. I'm glad to see pilots admitting the same.
>
> Hell old buddy, if you think small airplanes are noisy you should
> experience a takeoff in a P51. Now THAT'S noise!!
> :-))

It's another fuel-to-noise converter. Heh.

a[_3_]
July 30th 10, 06:09 PM
On Jul 30, 11:18*am, wrote:
> Mxsmanic > wrote:
>
> > How many flight instructors like their job? How many are just impatiently
> > trying to build hours so that they can work as airline pilots one day?
>
> From observation of what goes on at the local GA airports, which you should
> try sometimes instead of just pulling stuff out of your ass, instructors
> are about evenly divided between young guys looking to build time and older
> guys who just like aviation.
>
> And then there is the few middle aged guys who have a day job and instruct
> on weekends and evenings because they like aviation.
>
> --
> Jim Pennino
>
> Remove .spam.sux to reply.

The CFII we like is ex USAF, now flies for a major carrier, and enjoys
instructing. Could not ask for better (although he is the first CFII I
ever knew who insisted I wear a parachute for unusual attitude
recovery practice in his personal airplane (it was NOT an M20J!).

Ron Wanttaja[_2_]
July 31st 10, 03:50 AM
There are many sports that are physically uncomfortable. The reward has
to exceed the discomfort. Heck, I fly an open-cockpit airplane on days
below freezing, and I certainly don't have to.....

Ron Wanttaja

Mxsmanic
July 31st 10, 10:30 AM
Ron Wanttaja writes:

> There are many sports that are physically uncomfortable. The reward has
> to exceed the discomfort. Heck, I fly an open-cockpit airplane on days
> below freezing, and I certainly don't have to.....

So what part of flying that aircraft compensates for sub-freezing
temperatures?

Mxsmanic
July 31st 10, 10:31 AM
Stephen! writes:

> So? What's that prove?

Either airline pilots are idiots, or he's not an idiot. Which is it?

Ron Wanttaja[_2_]
July 31st 10, 05:29 PM
Mxsmanic wrote:
> Ron Wanttaja writes:
>
>> There are many sports that are physically uncomfortable. The reward has
>> to exceed the discomfort. Heck, I fly an open-cockpit airplane on days
>> below freezing, and I certainly don't have to.....
>
> So what part of flying that aircraft compensates for sub-freezing
> temperatures?

Well, you have to understand the distinction between flying for fun and
flying for transportation. I fly for fun. I like watching the sky,
sea, and land from the great visibility an open cockpit provides. IMHO,
closed cabins isolate you from truly experiencing what it's like to fly.
They're like eating a gourmet meal with your tongue wrapped in plastic.

Ernie Gann called it, "The Island in the Sky." But open-cockpit pilots
are awash in that ocean of air, not sunning themselves on the beach.

Sure, if I owned an airplane for transportation, it'd be something else.
Closed cabin to minimize the noise and maintain a comfortable
environment, rather than the breeze on my cheek and a silk scarf wrapped
around my neck. GPS-coupled autopilot, rather than a sectional crammed
under one butt cheek. Air bags and BRS to give the passengers the best
chance of survival if things go wrong, rather than a single-seater with
only my neck involved.

In the past thirty years, I've owned closed-cabin planes for three
years...and open-cockpit ones for about twenty.

Ron Wanttaja

July 31st 10, 05:37 PM
Mxsmanic > wrote:
> Stephen! writes:
>
>> So? What's that prove?
>
> Either airline pilots are idiots, or he's not an idiot. Which is it?

Or maybe there is one airline pilots that is an idiot?

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

Mxsmanic
July 31st 10, 09:29 PM
writes:

> Or maybe there is one airline pilots that is an idiot?

Calling an airline pilot an idiot just because he freely admits that he
doesn't like flying in small airplanes clearly illustrates the narrowminded
attitude that seems to afflict many of the most vocal pilots in this group.

Just because someone doesn't share your opinion doesn't make him an idiot.

Which airline do you fly for, again?

July 31st 10, 10:07 PM
Mxsmanic > wrote:
> writes:
>
>> Or maybe there is one airline pilots that is an idiot?
>
> Calling an airline pilot an idiot just because he freely admits that he
> doesn't like flying in small airplanes clearly illustrates the narrowminded
> attitude that seems to afflict many of the most vocal pilots in this group.

Once again the point goes totally over your head.

And again you apparently either did not read the whole article you referenced
or didn't understand it.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

Martin Hotze[_3_]
August 1st 10, 09:11 AM
Am 29.07.2010 22:32, schrieb Dudley Henriques:
> On Jul 29, 3:56 pm, > wrote:
>> And he illustrates one reason why I hesitate about bothering with a PPL:
>>
>> http://www.salon.com/technology/ask_the_pilot/2010/07/27/flying_small...
>
> Here we go
> again! :-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))
>
> Dudley Henriques

yeah ... once again everybody and his dog argues with this idiot MX ....
*dooohhhhh*

#m
--
"What would I do with 72 virgins? That's not a reward,
that's a punishment. Give me two seasoned whores any day."

Ari Silverstein
August 5th 10, 12:12 AM
On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 18:49:13 -0700 (PDT), Dudley Henriques wrote:

> On Jul 29, 9:39*pm, Ari Silverstein > wrote:

>>> Hard to argue with the truth. If we look at the thread from the
>>> beginning. Aside from your usual ad hominen post under mine, the very
>>> first post directed to Mx's initial post reads as follows;
>>> " The main reason is that you don't have the ability" EXACTLY as
>>> predicted :-))
>>> Mx's answer to this *was of course as follows;
>>
>>> "The main reasons are a lack of money and health, but there are other
>>> reasons
>>> as well. With respect to this particular article, small aircraft tend
>>> to be
>>> noisy, bumpy, and uncomfortable, and a PPL has little else to look
>>> forwards to
>>> unless he has unlimited funds and time. Like Patrick Smith, I don't
>>> enjoy
>>> being distracted by heat, noise, etc. I'm glad to see pilots admitting
>>> the
>>> same. '
>>
>>> As we can see, Mx posts back to *this personal attack with a calm,
>>> laconic intelligent answer which serves him not one but *TWO purposes.
>>> He answers his antagonist with pertinent and on topic comment that for
>>> all intent and purposes advances his position en passant while at the
>>> same time conveying his underlying total contempt for his attacker by
>>> completely ignoring the insult and refusing to engage a comment he
>>> strongly believes is coming from someone well beneath his level of
>>> intellect............................you know...........sort of what
>>> I'm doing here with you. :-)
>>> Dudley Henriques
>>
>>> ..........an almost EXACT confirmation of my prediction for how this
>>> thread will go and has gone. Nothing hyp
>>
>> One major, irrefutable and conclusive difference.
>>
>> I only post to you.
>>
>> You troll with the troll.
>>
>> Poof, there goes your argument and on goes your hypocrisy cloak.
>> --
>> A fireside chat not with Ari!http://tr.im/holj
>> Motto: Live To Spooge It!
>
> Please feel free to post to me anytime regardless of the intent. Hell,
> I don't mind your constant derogatory remarks. Goes with Usenet.

Off topic, Duds. The subject at hand was why you consistently post
/with/ Mx The Troll while, as I pointed out prior to your deflection,
I post only to you.

> I'll treat your on topic posts to me with the respect they deserve (if
> you ever actually make any :-) and likewise treat your usual posts to
> me with the respect that they deserve.

Duds, I really don't need your permission or guidance but thanks
anyway...defelection continued.

> No sweat to me either way.
> DH

Obviously.

Let's just day that RAP is overrun with old, washed up pilots-posters
who have their own self-interest in hand. I.E., they would rather
troll the troll than start any new, relevant discussions. They're
bored stiff.

If the bridge fits, Duds...
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj

Dudley Henriques[_2_]
August 5th 10, 01:50 AM
On Aug 4, 7:12*pm, Ari Silverstein > wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 18:49:13 -0700 (PDT), Dudley Henriques wrote:

> >> One major, irrefutable and conclusive difference.
>
> >> I only post to you.
>
> >> You troll with the troll.
>
> >> Poof, there goes your argument and on goes your hypocrisy cloak.
> >> --
> >> A fireside chat not with Ari!http://tr.im/holj
> >> Motto: Live To Spooge It!
>
> > Please feel free to post to me anytime regardless of the intent. Hell,
> > I don't mind your constant derogatory remarks. Goes with Usenet.
>
> Off topic, Duds. The subject at hand was why you consistently post
> /with/ Mx The Troll while, as I pointed out prior to your deflection,
> I post only to you.
>
> > I'll treat your on topic posts to me with the respect they deserve (if
> > you ever actually make any :-) *and likewise treat your usual posts to
> > me with the respect that they deserve.
>
> Duds, I really don't need your permission or guidance but thanks
> anyway...defelection continued.
>
> > No sweat to me either way.
> > DH
>
> Obviously.
>
> Let's just day that RAP is overrun with old, washed up pilots-posters
> who have their own self-interest in hand. I.E., they would rather
> troll the troll than start any new, relevant discussions. They're
> bored stiff.
>
> If the bridge fits, Duds...
> --
> A fireside chat not with Ari!http://tr.im/holj
> Motto: Live To Spooge It!

Tell me Ari, what is it that makes you such a pleasure to be
around? :-))))))))
DH

Google