PDA

View Full Version : Another Cirrus bites the dust in Phoenix

Mxsmanic
August 4th 10, 03:18 PM
http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/Plane-crashes-into-building-at-Deer-Valley-Airport-99934759.html?hpt=T2

This sort of thing does nothing to enhance the reputation of general aviation
in the eyes of the public.

August 4th 10, 03:27 PM
On Aug 4, 9:18*am, Mxsmanic > wrote:

> This sort of thing does nothing to enhance the reputation of general aviation
> in the eyes of the public.

WHAT IS YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO ENHANCE THE REPUTATION OF GA?????

Orval Fairbairn[_2_]
August 4th 10, 05:37 PM
In article >,
Mxsmanic > wrote:

> http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/Plane-crashes-into-building-at-Deer-Valley-
> Airport-99934759.html?hpt=T2

It also shows what can happen when local zoning authorities fail to
exercise responsible control over development surrounding airports.

Developers are the largest contributors to local political campaigns.

Martin Hotze[_3_]
August 4th 10, 07:11 PM
Am 04.08.2010 16:27, schrieb :
> On Aug 4, 9:18 am, > wrote:
>
>> This sort of thing does nothing to enhance the reputation of general aviation
>> in the eyes of the public.
>
> WHAT IS YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO ENHANCE THE REPUTATION OF GA?????

he doesn't fly ... that's a big plus.

for everything else: PLEAAAASSSSSEEEEEEE ignore him!!!!! Is it really
that hard to resist?

#m
--
"What would I do with 72 virgins? That's not a reward,
that's a punishment. Give me two seasoned whores any day."

Mxsmanic
August 4th 10, 11:53 PM
writes:

> WHAT IS YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO ENHANCE THE REPUTATION OF GA?????

Well, for one thing, I don't ridicule non-pilots as if I were an immature and
insecure seventh-grader.

Mxsmanic
August 4th 10, 11:54 PM
Orval Fairbairn writes:

> It also shows what can happen when local zoning authorities fail to
> exercise responsible control over development surrounding airports.

Agreed. But DVT has enormous amounts of traffic and I'm not aware of any other
accidents like this at the airport (at least not to my recollection).

> Developers are the largest contributors to local political campaigns.

What developers especially like is to completely bulldoze airports and turn
them into overpriced residential and business neighborhoods.

August 5th 10, 12:04 AM
Mxsmanic > wrote:
> writes:
>
>> WHAT IS YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO ENHANCE THE REPUTATION OF GA?????
>
> Well, for one thing, I don't ridicule non-pilots as if I were an immature and
> insecure seventh-grader.

Correct, what you do is ridicule pilots as if you were an immature and
insecure seventh-grader.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

August 5th 10, 12:13 AM
Mxsmanic > wrote:
> Orval Fairbairn writes:
>
>> It also shows what can happen when local zoning authorities fail to
>> exercise responsible control over development surrounding airports.
>
> Agreed. But DVT has enormous amounts of traffic and I'm not aware of any other
> accidents like this at the airport (at least not to my recollection).

Since we don't know any details of the accident it would be impossible to
find any similar accidents.

FYI DVT has had 28 GA NTSB reported accidents in the past 5 years and
38 of all types.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

August 5th 10, 01:38 PM
On Aug 4, 5:53*pm, Mxsmanic > wrote:
> writes:
> > WHAT IS YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO ENHANCE THE REPUTATION OF GA?????
>
> Well, for one thing, I don't ridicule non-pilots as if I were an immature and
> insecure seventh-grader.

YOUR READING COMPREHENSION MUST BE OF AN IMMATURE SEVEN YEAR OLD.

RE-READ THE QUESTION.

I DIDN'T ASK WHAT YOU DON''T DO. I ALREADY KNOW WHAT YOU DON'T DO.

Google